Port Canaveral Excursions

Cruisin' Again 86

Looking for ideas for Port Canaveral excursions, i would like to visit Islands Of Adventure, but we don't get into port until 10am, so we would probably not get to the park until noon. But the cruise is in April and we have huge concerns about crowds and whether it would be worth it or not ??So that is why I am looking for something else to do with ( 2 ) 17 year olds.

Looking for ideas for Port Canaveral excursions' date=' i would like to visit Islands Of Adventure, but we don't get into port until 10am, so we would probably not get to the park until noon. But the cruise is in April and we have huge concerns about crowds and whether it would be worth it or not ??So that is why I am looking for something else to do with ( 2 ) 17 year olds.[/color']

Islands of Adventures is a pretty busy park. The lines don't go below 15 minutes wait time, some lasting up to an hour like the Harry Potter and Spideman. There's so much to do, if you really want to, go ahead, it will be worth it! But I can assure you that you will be rushed and you probably wont be able to do everything you'll want to do. It's a great park though, and I can't recommend it enough!

Thanks for the advice ! We would be able to spend 8 hours at the park' date=' so with any luck, we may give it a try and see how it works out. My boys really want to go there.[/quote']

The key and biggest advice I can give you to have a successful day at this park is to prioritize and be aware of which rides your family absolutely wants to do, and of course do those first and then everything else.

Might be best to buy the no wait tickets. I wanted to do this also, but its pretty pricey for my family. So we will chill at cocoa beach;) no rushing around. One day we will visit Disney.

I had completely forgotten about that. If you don't mind spending the extra money on the express passes, it will definitely make a difference!

Yes expensive, $60 a ticket in addition to the regular park ticket prices, but may be our only option. Cocoa Beach is very nice ! But we are already doing beach day at Coco Cay and Nassau. But you will enjoy the beach day at Cocoa, make sure that you visit Ron Jon Surf Shop also, it is great!

Yes expensive' date=' $60 a ticket in addition to the regular park ticket prices, but may be our only option. Cocoa Beach is very nice ! But we are already doing beach day at Coco Cay and Nassau. But you will enjoy the beach day at Cocoa, make sure that you visit Ron Jon Surf Shop also, it is great![/quote']

We are doing Beach days at Cocoa Cay and Swim with Dolphins. But we come for the sun and the beach! Although my children would love Disney, I can't afford over 500.00 just for a few hours! the shuttle thing Enchantment is charging is crazily expensive, and we would drive by my husband won't! BAHAAA:( when are you going? What cruise and date?

We will most likely just chill on the beach, but would love to take the kids to Disney, but afraid it will be such a waste of money rushing around and being "Spring Break" very crowded! One day..... thanks for the information. Wonder if a cab to cocoa is cheaper for 5 vs RC shuttle rate to Ron Jons? wonder if I should book now or wait.

I would not bother with Universal if you are not going to dock until 10. From mid March to the end of April is when the theme parks are most crowded until summer. If I did not have a annual pass and only wanted to go for a day it would cost more than $80 per person, not including food or transportation. (Universal Prices=Disney Prices) when you finally get there, lines just to enter the Wizarding World can top an hour, not including actual lines for the Forbidden Journey (180+ minutes! :eek:) If you do go, enter through the gift shop for the forbidden journey, through the locker room and go in the single rider line. Even though your group will be split, the wait time for a 2+ hour ride just became less than 30 minutes. This is going to be the only way you will be able to ride most of the rides at Islands of Adventure (and still do everything you want) without buying an express pass during spring break.

There are other things to do around cocoa beach that are way cheaper, like spending the day on cocoa beach, going zip-lining at the Brevard Zoo (about 30 minutes south of the port, cost is around $40 per person for zip tour), going to the Kennedy Space Center (I think it is also around $40 per person)

Well when you do go, have fun!

Hi,

How much should it cost for the taxi to A1Abeach rentals (is this Cocoa beach?)

What water sports facilities do they offer there? For the bike renting, do you know how much it would cost for half day and do we go with tours guide.

Where is Ron Jon Surf shop? How could we get there?

What else would you recommend to do around cape Canaveral? We dock at mid day and don't leave until 10pm. We will have to depend on the shuttle or taxi to go round.

Many thanks.

I would not bother with Universal if you are not going to dock until 10. From mid March to the end of April is when the theme parks are most crowded until summer. If I did not have a annual pass and only wanted to go for a day it would cost more than $80 per person, not including food or transportation. (Universal Prices=Disney Prices) when you finally get there, lines just to enter the Wizarding World can top an hour, not including actual lines for the Forbidden Journey (180+ minutes! :eek:) If you do go, enter through the gift shop for the forbidden journey, through the locker room and go in the single rider line. Even though your group will be split, the wait time for a 2+ hour ride just became less than 30 minutes. This is going to be the only way you will be able to ride most of the rides at Islands of Adventure (and still do everything you want) without buying an express pass during spring break.

There are other things to do around cocoa beach that are way cheaper, like spending the day on cocoa beach, going zip-lining at the Brevard Zoo (about 30 minutes south of the port, cost is around $40 per person for zip tour), going to the Kennedy Space Center (I think it is also around $40 per person)

Well when you do go, have fun!

The zip lining sounds fun. Is there a website, and thanks for the valuable info;)

Hi,

How much should it cost for the taxi to A1Abeach rentals (is this Cocoa beach?)

What water sports facilities do they offer there? For the bike renting, do you know how much it would cost for half day and do we go with tours guide.

Where is Ron Jon Surf shop? How could we get there?

What else would you recommend to do around cape Canaveral? We dock at mid day and don't leave until 10pm. We will have to depend on the shuttle or taxi to go round.

Many thanks.

If you go with RC there is an excursion, cost 13.00 adults and 6 children to and fro Ron Jons surf shop by shuttle. ( Ron jobs is a store, for surfing attire, accessories, cool clothes for the kids, skateboards, etc...). I saw there is a scat bus for 1.00 going around the city, but called and they do not pick up nor could you walk to catch it from Port Canaveral, guess good to expire the city! Taxi cabs seem to be 5 pp, but remember that would be up and back vs the shuttle with RC one way. I just need to find out if the shuttle will bring us back anytime or is it strictly timed? My kids would be bored to go to the Kennedy Center and the other tours are mostly alligator and manatee stuff in the swamp or boats. I'm sure we will be fine on the beach doing nothing.

Just a fair 'warning', for lack of a better word. Cocoa Beach is no Caribbean. The sand is brownish and the water isn't completely clear, it's usually somewhat murky, and around this time of year, maybe even cold. We went there because of all of the billboards we see on the highway it sounded like it was a great beach, but we were slightly let down. Ron Jon is great to pass the time, but if you're able to, you'd be better off booking the zip line that the previous posters said. IMHO. Just my thoughts and recommendations

Thanks Capt_BJ for the link

I still have yet to tried this, but I visit the zoo frequently since it is very close to my house. I have seen the zip line, which goes over the alligators. Being the same age as your kids, I believe that they will enjoy this ropes course more than fighting crowds at Islands of adventure. Please post a trip report! :):D

For the record

Tree Top Trek is a WORKOUT and something not to be approached casually

I work part time at the zoo in the 'attractions' department (choo choo train engineer)

A routine event at TTT is assisting adults off the Challenge course when they decide they have had enough (usually involving tall ladders and lowering ropes)

We're now seeing folks buy season passes and showing up multiple times a week using this in place of a gym . . .

Most taxis charge per person, however A1A Beach Rentals is in Cape Canaveral, about 2-3 miles from cruise terminal. They are located very close to cocoa beach pier and jetty park. Great place for a bike rental. Also they can can deliver the beach gear to the beach. Surfboards, boogieboards, paddleboards, chairs. Kayaks can be delivered anywhere in Cape Canaveral area. Call or check out the web page.

For the record

Tree Top Trek is a WORKOUT and something not to be approached casually

I work part time at the zoo in the 'attractions' department (choo choo train engineer)

A routine event at TTT is assisting adults off the Challenge course when they decide they have had enough (usually involving tall ladders and lowering ropes)

We're now seeing folks buy season passes and showing up multiple times a week using this in place of a gym . . .

Thanks for the info, I have been to the zoo many times (not counting zoo school, but that is a different story!) but the zip line is something I need to do that I have not done yet. Since you work at the zoo, what should someone wear when doing this course in the spring? I have done zip-lining before but every place has different rules on what you should wear.

Just a fair 'warning', for lack of a better word. Cocoa Beach is no Caribbean. The sand is brownish and the water isn't completely clear, it's usually somewhat murky, and around this time of year, maybe even cold. We went there because of all of the billboards we see on the highway it sounded like it was a great beach, but we were slightly let down. Ron Jon is great to pass the time, but if you're able to, you'd be better off booking the zip line that the previous posters said. IMHO. Just my thoughts and recommendations

I love the Atlantic Ocean! We go to Ocean City MD every year, and no matter what time of year, it could be August 100 degrees the water feels like ice. I was surprised the Pacific in Cali. where it is warm all year has freezing water temp. also. I'm used to it! But the kids may like the zipping, I am afraid of heights in my , (cough, cough ) older age. LOL

Since we will be there till 10PM we can probably do both? Any other ideas?

I love the Atlantic Ocean! We go to Ocean City MD every year, and no matter what time of year, it could be August 100 degrees the water feels like ice. I was surprised the Pacific in Cali. where it is warm all year has freezing water temp. also. I'm used to it! But the kids may like the zipping, I am afraid of heights in my , (cough, cough ) older age. LOL

I bet you will be able to do everything. When you are done with the zip lining, it is cheaper to have lunch outside the zoo, and there is some good food places around Viera. The water should be in the 70's. The beach we always go to is about 20 mintues away from the zoo, and is never crowded unlike Cocoa Beach. I put a map to get to the zoo from the port, from the zoo to the beach that we always go to, and from the beach to the port. from http://g.co/maps/gq8f4 I hope my local advice helps you !

Zip lining won't take that long. For sure you'll be able to do more than one thing, possibly even more than two!

•What type of clothing should be worn for Treetop Trek?

Closed toed shoes must be worn to experience any of the courses. Treetop Trek admission will be denied if proper shoes are not worn. We also recommend that shorts be at least mid-thigh for comfort when wearing the harness and that longer hair is tied back.

I'd add that you probably don't want baggy clothes; the staff uniform is a Columbia Fishing Gear type shirt and cargo shorts with decent athletic shoes. Long pants and a sweat shirt if it is a cooler day.

Archived