Contemplating booking a cruise, ?'s

Now thats what I'm talking about! I never thought about that, wasn't sure how strict fishing was @ the ports. Would be nice to bring a portable grill and cook some fish.

Cozumel and Grand Cayman are fishing sanctuaries, you will have to do a offshore trip to fish there. But to against you and the other Texan here I have to Gig em!

I have severe allergies to a lot of stuff and just got back from my first cruise. On the next to last day all of a sudden I turned to my husband and said, hey, I haven't sneezed all week and I can breathe through my nose, I feel great! I've been home for 2 days and already stuffy and sniffly again. :mad:

Any kind of exhaust smell sends me into an immediate asthma attack and I have never had any kind of inkling of exhaust on any of the Carnival ships I've been on--my upcoming Carnival cruise is my 8th, I believe. I am also allergic to shedding dogs and no problems with that either. As a matter of fact, when I am cruising I have absolutely NO allergy problems at all. Book your cruise and enjoy.

Welcome to CC! You will get addicted to both cruising and this site. I wish you the best on your first cruise. Every time I cruise it always feel like the first one for me.(excitement) If you don't mind me asking Which ship are you looking at and the itinerary ?

Once again you guys are the best! I'm glad I asked a few important questions before I booked my cruise.

Welcome to CC! You will get addicted to both cruising and this site. I wish you the best on your first cruise. Every time I cruise it always feel like the first one for me.(excitement) If you don't mind me asking Which ship are you looking at and the itinerary ?

I really don't know why I haven't been on a cruise, as I have traveled all over the globe. I think it's gonna be a blast!!

Here's what I am booking. Carnival Magic (Really wanna cruise on the newest ship), May 6th (7 day cruise), Grand Suite - GS. Gonna run me about a hair over $5k. :cool:

These are some random questions arent they. Im not hating but I would love to fish off the ship for like a Marlin.

Lol, that would be interesting. What kind of entertainment is available on the Magic?

Also, I do understand there is a topless section, but what about a Bottomless section?????

Actually I just noticed in your sig JP you are going the same time I am booking it for! Small world huh?

Lol, that would be interesting. What kind of entertainment is available on the Magic?

Also, I do understand there is a topless section, but what about a Bottomless section?????

Actually I just noticed in your sig JP you are going the same time I am booking it for! Small world huh?

There hasn't been a topless section (much less a bottomless section) on any Carnival ship for some time now, lol. Sorry to burst your bubble ;)

I would completely do a GS for 5k. Whenever we cruise with the kids, it is 5k no matter what. You don't get much with the suite in terms of perks, but we have done 2 suites and just love the extra space in the cabin and the balcony and a half.

Does anyone know if you get VIP tender with a suite? I was wondering that myself.

I would completely do a GS for 5k. Whenever we cruise with the kids, it is 5k no matter what. You don't get much with the suite in terms of perks, but we have done 2 suites and just love the extra space in the cabin and the balcony and a half.

Does anyone know if you get VIP tender with a suite? I was wondering that myself.

You only get VIP embarkation/debark now too I heard. No other suite perks on Carnival. Sorry

I agree 110%.

I see your first cruise was Hawaii, how did you like it, esp for your first cruise?

Hawaii was amazing... Trip of a lifetime. Very very port intensive though... All port days. Did Honolulu for 2 or 3 days beforehand, then boarded...

Big Island: rented car and did Volcanoes National Park. Saw the lava flow that night... Amazing moment when we sailed by. Also went deep sea fishing, which was a bust. But had a great time sitting up in the captain's nest talking to him while we trolled for mahi mahi.

Maui: rented car, did old lahaina luau, went to mama's fish house for lunch next day. Beautiful island. Deep sea snorkeled at Molokini Crater.

Kauai, ATV tour in Old Koloa Town (best excursion ever!!) and then snorkeling with the sea turtles.

Hubby missed the snorkeling in Kauai because he was flat out exhausted (last day). He missed out.

We basically did whatever we wanted without any regard for cost. :eek:

Excellent first cruise!

Lol, actually me and my wife own Terrace Trace park (trailer park sounds bad) off of Halton Rd. Also we own Trailer World in Euless.

Thanks for asking tho. ;)

I saw that you like to go on a Bottomless cruise, so are you into nude beaches or something.

Just curious what kind of animals did you think you were going to see on board?

I'm in no way trashing you or trying to be unhelpful.

It's all good my friend. I was thinking there would be small dogs and such. I have friends and family that take their small dogs everywhere they go as they don't have kids so they are pretty much their kids.

I'm not allergic to horse's or large animals, so that would be ok I guess.

Welcome aboard CC. I have not read all the responders, but I wanted to give you my "2 cents worth.":)

I have cruised around 15 times within the past 20 years. I have cruised on many different ships. Never have I smelled any kind of fumes or gases. As for cats/dogs, etc. I have never seen any, but..........if there was any, I believe it would be a dog for someone who was handicap.

My 90 pound American bulldog puppy mix goes out on our boat with us. He has the cutest lifejacket...

Wow thats great! I do however wish I wasn't allergic to them because of that reason. I do have a small Manitou pantoon boat we use to just relax or do a bit of fishing and I could most definetly see how fun it would be to have a dog to hang out with us. Lucky you are my friend! ;)

Welcome aboard CC. I have not read all the responders, but I wanted to give you my "2 cents worth.":)

I have cruised around 15 times within the past 20 years. I have cruised on many different ships. Never have I smelled any kind of fumes or gases. As for cats/dogs, etc. I have never seen any, but..........if there was any, I believe it would be a dog for someone who was handicap.

Thanks! I was reading some of the policy and procedure that Carnival has but just like a nice hotel, they still bend the rules for small pets/dogs. I appreciate the feedback!

Archived