? on body hair.....

If you don't want to be hairy, then wax! Or if you're into less pain, you could use Nair.

You could Veet, too! That's what I do! (For my legs, don't worry no chest hair...)

Just make sure your skin is DRY when you put it on or you'll chemically burn yourself. I use the sensitive skin formula and still occasionally mildly burn myself by leaving it on to long.

Are you talking bigfoot/looks like you're wearing shoes hairy? Or just toe knuckles and a sprinkling on the top.

Water literally spurted out of my mouth i laughed so hard. I can see you saying this with that "clincial-doctor-straight-faced" look. Like it's an everyday occurance. LOL "or just toe knuckles and sprinkling on top" BUWAHAHAHA!!:p:D

This is the funniest board ever. I wouldn't worry about being hairy. Unless you really want to "groom", I wouldn't do that either. If anyone is bothered, they can look another way. There are all kinds of people on board. Just have fun. No one there is perfect. I'm not overweight, I am under-tall but I will have on a bathing suit, just not a bikini (YUK) Have a blast and win that "ship on a stick".

I just booked my first cruise thanks to you guys help but have a concern/question.

I am in pretty good shape but am a fairly hairy feller (FHF). I know obviously its a cruise and there is going to be people from all over the globe on the ship, which certain parts of the world body hair is excessive or none at all.

Guess my question to you all is, I plan on using the water area quite a bit and obviosuly be outside alot, would it be considered nasty to see someone walk around with a ton of body hair??

It's our first cruise as well. I'm married to a hairy guy. Love him and wouldn't change a thing on his hairy body.;)

My hubby is pretty furry and I think he is hot...to each his own. Keep the hair...some will like and some will not, but who cares. Just have a blast....hope you are on my cruise and I will cheer for you in the hairiest chest contest!!!

Ok..so this is coming from a guy who's wife tells the family "he's a sasquatch I shaved down and taught to speak." (on the other hand, I have a natural fur coat to providing extra winter insulation).

Really, who cares what other people think. There's people of every shape, size and color in our everyday lives. Some hairy some bald. I'm secure in my appearance. If my hairy chest and back offend you...overt your eyes, there are others to look at and judge.

BTW...On a drunken dare from my first wife, I let her try waxing my back. Talk about an epic fail. Cheapest wax + not warm enough = The cloth comes off without the wax (the wax gets to come off in little pieces)!!! On another drunken dare, tried nair.......NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN. Worse than any sun burn ever (only left it on as long as the bottle said). LOL:eek:

Lol, well I appreciate all the replies and helping me decide on what I should do. Here's what I'm planning on..

Going to use a 1/4" trimmer pretty much all over except secret places. Secret places won't be groomed that much, maybe a little scissor action to eliminate split ends in those tender area's. I can't reach my back (skinny people too, try it, it's impossible) so I will get someone to trim it down a bit. Funny thing is my hands don't have alot of hair, just a bit around my finger nails, feet are pretty much balb except for the "knob" area (that thing that pokes out of the side of your foot "bone"?), don't know why it grows their it just does. Other than the usually beard trimming and ear hair, I should be good to sail in a few months!! WOOHOO!!

What?!? :eek::eek::eek:

You are too funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off topic, but it reminds me of something funny my neighbor said. Some mailbox posts look shorter because the grass is longer around them, while other mailbox posts look longer because the lawn is neatly trimmed. Makes me laugh every time!

OP...trim or don't. People looking for a reason to judge will find it no matter what you do. As long as you aren't shedding a trail of fur that I have to wade through, it doesn't matter to me. Of course, you might be able to hog a chair just by shedding on it. I doubt anyone would move the pieces of your swim sweater left on the chair to sit down. Could be a huge perk!

Grown-up humans are SUPPOSED to have hair! It just proves you've passed puberty! I've never minded a hairy man, as long as the hair isn't coming out of his nose or ears....any other place, it's supposed to be there! Oh...do trim your eyebrows, too!

Archived