Carnival Legend coming to UK in 2013

Clio1610

Just been notified that Carnival are bringing the Legend to the UK in 2013...

Just been looking at the Baltic Itinerary out of Dover for the Summer of 2013.

Hmmmm.... I'm Loyal to RCI and love their ships, has anyone been on the Legend ?

Think I need to do some more research on her...

I would do some serious research on the ship first. I am very loyal to Royal and won't step foot on a Carnival ship even if they paid me. It's personal preference over anything.

I have seen many people on the US boards who have been converted from Carnival to Royal for the sheer fact that the service is better and the staff is friendly.

I would sooner fly to get on a Royal ship then go on Carnival. The ship style reminds me of the old Ocean Village ships :D

CK x

I would do some serious research on the ship first. I am very loyal to Royal and won't step foot on a Carnival ship even if they paid me. It's personal preference over anything.

I have seen many people on the US boards who have been converted from Carnival to Royal for the sheer fact that the service is better and the staff is friendly.

I would sooner fly to get on a Royal ship then go on Carnival. The ship style reminds me of the old Ocean Village ships :D

CK x

REALLY?? You haven't been on a Carnival ship, tho you want to bash them. I'd say to anone considering CCL, that this class of ship is a big favorite. I've been on many CCL cruises, a couple of Princess but no RCCL. I've always had wonderful service on Carnival and Princess...well I wasn't impressed. My sister is a loyal Celebrity cruiser and didn't like CCL. We traveled together and you would have thought that we were on different cruises:rolleyes:

OP, don't accept the opinion of someone who's never traveled the brand. Do your research and ask questions. There are many threads comparing the 2 lines, which are very balanced...unlike this person's comment.

Happy cruising:)

Never been on Royal but other cruise lines. I have been on Carnival, I had great service, staff was friendly and have booked our 9/13/2013 departure from Dover. Everyone has likes, dislikes and opinions. There is a reason for many different cruise lines - a taste for everyone.

dj127

I would like to try every cruise line....I'm up to 6 different ones now, so this could be an opportunity to try another one. I haven't heard anything about Carnival which makes her stand out from the lines I've tried, but I've only been on the middle of the range ones so far! From what I've seen, her interiors can be a bit glitzy, but after NCL Jade, that's no problem!

I think her soft furnishings come from the same Dewsbury mill as Princess, P&O, Cunard etc.....we used to live nearby, and I still have 2nds of curtains from many of these ships....:D

If the itinerary is good- then it's worth considering!

Jo.

REALLY?? You haven't been on a Carnival ship, tho you want to bash them. I'd say to anone considering CCL, that this class of ship is a big favorite. I've been on many CCL cruises, a couple of Princess but no RCCL. I've always had wonderful service on Carnival and Princess...well I wasn't impressed. My sister is a loyal Celebrity cruiser and didn't like CCL. We traveled together and you would have thought that we were on different cruises:rolleyes:

OP, don't accept the opinion of someone who's never traveled the brand. Do your research and ask questions. There are many threads comparing the 2 lines, which are very balanced...unlike this person's comment.

I never "bashed" them I did state it was my own PERSONAL OPINION! I have sailed other lines before I went on a Royal ship and I have found Royal to suit me best. If the OP went on the Carnival board no doubts they will be flooded with PERSONAL OPINIONS???

I did also state that I had seen on the other boards that people had been converted to Royal due to the difference in experience!

I did also state the the OP do some research on the brand before they do go on. I have researched other lines such as MSC and Princess and have found that they don't have anything that I really want, be it a language barrier (MSC) or that the service is a bit too formal for me (Princess) but I was willing to try them out myself.

Just because I am loyal to Royal doesn't mean I am so called "bashing" other lines just suggesting to check out all the info possible

CK x

• 5 months later...

CK x

I'm from the U.S. I was on your sight looking for info on Ocean conditions on October northern Atlantic sailings. Saw this Carnival posting and had to comment. My family went on a small Carnival ship to the Bahamas about 20 years ago. Worst ever - said wouldn't go Carnival again. Worst food, average age 21, and if I were 21 and single, it would have been Heaven. ***Three years ago, after reading many reviews on the newer Carbival ships, we tried a European Cruise on a new very large ship - the Carnival Freedom. Possibly our best cruise out of over 40. Food was now exceptionally good, service very good and friendly, ship nice, everything was great. I doubt if I would go on anything but their largest ships, probably not out of Florida where kids might be overwelming, BUT a big YES out of Europe.

Probably never cruised with Ocean Village either:(

Our first 3 cruises were on OV ships and they were thoroughly enjoyable experiences. A sadly missed brand and there is a BIG gap in the market left by the transportation of the 2 ships to Aus.

• 2 weeks later...

We've sailed on Royal Caribbean and Carnival plus other cruise lines and loved them all. Each have their own idiosyncrasies and we have enjoyed these differences. We're seriously considering cruising on Legend next year (7th October) out of Barcelona as it will also be the first for my son and daughter-in-law and that plus the itinery and cost has sold it to us. I have been researching and most reviews are favourable. The negatives could also be applied to most cruise lines and are all subjective anyway. How much you enjoy your cruise depends upon your own attitude as well.

Archived