Can my kids take their own sodas to the MDR

golfntob

and ask for a glass of ice?

They are not big soda drinkers so we are tossing around the idea of the bubbles program. They only have soda if we go out to eat. Most of the time we are dining out they have water. If we bring drinks aboard & they want one with dinner can they take it to the MDR?

Thanks!

and ask for a glass of ice?

They are not big soda drinkers so we are tossing around the idea of the bubbles program. They only have soda if we go out to eat. Most of the time we are dining out they have water. If we bring drinks aboard & they want one with dinner can they take it to the MDR?

Thanks!

Yes, not a problem at all. We also take them out on the Lido to the pool and just grab a glass of ice at the buffet right there...

I don't see why not- if the adults can bring a beer or glass of wine into the MDR, then the kids should be able to bring a soda.

That is actually a great idea- I think I may just carry on a 6 pack and bring a couple of cans with us into the MDR for the couple of nights that the kids will join us...thanks for putting the idea into my noggin! :)

Every night I bring my own soda and DH brings his own glass of wine into the dining room. We ask the room steward to keep glasses in the room, along with ice for me. Sometimes they don't remember the wine glasses, so DH asks for them at the bar- but we always had a glass to put soda in.

The bar waitresses hate us. One told me it was even worse to bring your own drink then to just not order something. She was so nice and sweet, at the end of the week I broke my "$0 sign and sail" challenge just to order a virgin strawberry daquiri from her.

we did that on the Legend a few weeks ago- I prefer pepsi not coke.

Asked the waiter for a glass with ice-- and I got one of those fancy water goblets.. well the soda was half gone and he "topped" it off with iced tea--argghh.

after that I asked for a regular glass with ice.

Just make sure the waiter doesn't poor tea in the cup after they've drank almost all of their soda!! Happend to me...I brought my own Cherry Coke Zero waiter was coming around to fill up drinks and he asked if it was coke and I said no ( I didn't want to be charged for their soda when I had my own) and then he poured tea in it! I hate tea....I had just enough soda to finish my desert. He refused to replace it. My husband said look you messed up her drink I will go to the room to get a new one but I shouldn't have to leave dinner to do so. He finally brought me a coke zero but was not nice about it.

I've brought my own sodas, wine, and martinis to the MDR without any problems. I would just tell the waiter if one ever asks me that I didn't want it topped off. (A) because I didn't buy it from them so it wouldn't be right to get a free refill and (B) I hate diet soda but yet everywhere I go people give it to me. Even when I've asked for "regular" I sometimes still am served "diet." Then I have to wait while they go back and get the right drink. :confused:

I've never had a problem with a waiter getting upset that I brought my own drink. I'm the kind of person that even though I know I've prepaid tips I still tip whenever I go to a bar. It doesn't matter if I just ask for a glass of ice or for a drink, I still tip. I know I don't have to, I just like to. Therefore, when I return for more ice the same day or on another day, the wait staff is glad to help me whether I tip again or not. This has been my personal experience.

Soda and tea? it makes me shudder! The day I buy a soda on board will be the day they decide to carry Dr. Pepper. I haven't even been able to find them in the ports of call. Maybe it's a Texas thing. Bummer. Now I just take a 6-pack and, yes, I have taken them to dinner.

I have brought my soda on the ship and brought some to dinner on my last two cruises. I was never questions or ask anything or treated any different than the rest of the people dining there. The only issue I had was it took a few extra minutes for a cup of ice. They usually have the ice tea with ice already in the pitchers and do the same thing with their water and lemonade.. They actually had to go and get the ice from the kitchen I think but yes - you can bring your own soda to the MDR.

Archived