So Emotional! Geez!

newbieMom

My daughter (8) had a fever yesterday and our school has a 24 hour fever free policy for returning, so lucky her...she got to stay home again today, totally fine of course ;) To make the best of our unplanned day of hookie, we went to see Chipwrecked in the cheap theater (it's been out of regular theaters for a month or more I think). Anyhow, it's been almost 2 years since our last cruise and we're anxiously awaiting our July sailing on Magic. Well, when the opening scene comes on the screen, a full, sweeping, dramatic view of the Carnival Dream........I look over and she's got tears coming down her face. Maybe it was the excitement of the theater on a school day, or the cinematography (doubt it...this is a chipmunk movie after all) but I think this girl just loves cruising more than anything else in the world:) When I saw her reaction I *might* have leaked a tear myself. Such a sweet little cruise lover, but my oh my if she's crying over cruise ships now, what will the teen years be like? Yikes! :)

Oh she sounds like a sweetie.

I always get all teary eyed pulling up to the port and seeing our ship but that is when I put my shades on. Happens everytime.

I will agree with you on this! First sight of The Liberty of The Seas (our first cruise) I was a wreck trying to take pictures with tears coming down my face. Glad I had my oversized sunglasses on that day! *whew* :D

Fantastic... simply fantastic.

You've just got to love kids that age on a ship... their eyes are huge and they're not constrained by the restrictions the world places on we adults. Listening to them amazes me and makes me smile uncontrollably.

You've done a wonderful thing for your daughter... she's on her way to becoming a traveler... not a tourist. Keep it up, mom!!!

:)

That's a cute story, and the timing is ironic for me... as just yesterday, I myself teared up unexpectedly over something cruise related.

I was in the car, with some music playing, and a Jimmy Buffett song came on. The song just triggered a flood of memories... of being at Margarittaville in Grand Turk last year. I was overcome with emotion, as I flashed back on what a great time I had there and how much I wanted to be there RIGHT NOW!

So corny to tear up over a vacation! But that's how much I enjoy cruising!

My daughter (8) had a fever yesterday and our school has a 24 hour fever free policy for returning, so lucky her...she got to stay home again today, totally fine of course ;) To make the best of our unplanned day of hookie, we went to see Chipwrecked in the cheap theater (it's been out of regular theaters for a month or more I think). Anyhow, it's been almost 2 years since our last cruise and we're anxiously awaiting our July sailing on Magic. Well, when the opening scene comes on the screen, a full, sweeping, dramatic view of the Carnival Dream........I look over and she's got tears coming down her face. Maybe it was the excitement of the theater on a school day, or the cinematography (doubt it...this is a chipmunk movie after all) but I think this girl just loves cruising more than anything else in the world:) When I saw her reaction I *might* have leaked a tear myself. Such a sweet little cruise lover, but my oh my if she's crying over cruise ships now, what will the teen years be like? Yikes! :)

Sounds to me like Mom's doing a good job raising her daughter. Keep it up Mom!!

my little girl is the same way. she is seven now, but what are we going to do when she hits those crazy teen years?

she gets it from me i know --- i always cry the last night in the mdr when the staff sings that song --- i even started to tear up yesterday when i came across it on youtube :( i never want to leave the fun ship.

She really loves to cruise. She's only been on two so far, but they made an impact. I have a pile of cruiseship drawings she did at school, complete with the freakiest rendition of Funship Freddy you ever saw! LOL!

And speaking of Freddy, he never made an appearance in the movie. They had the "bad guy" from the last 2 movies dressed up as a a pelican, suposedly the ship's mascot. What?!?! Oh, and she was quick to point out that the Chipmunks' cabin didn't look like our cabins look. Um, no honey, we don't stay in the Grand Suite. LOL! (is that the biggest and most luxurious? Because the cabin those little rodents got was crazy huge!)

Our best family vacations are on a cruise ship. Really does it get any better? Cute story... You have your work cut out for you in the coming years! :)

Archived