Unusual for sd 1 & 2 to be together?

carlylecat

We are on June 11 sailing of sd 1 from rome on june 11

I noticed from another post that sd 2 is arriving rome that morning as well

Is it unusual that both these ships are in the same port at the same time?

Is there any significance to it?

When we sailed last year (Dec. 2004) we sailed SD1 in the Caribbean. As we were cruising through the Sir Francis Drake Channel we passed SD 2 ... it was quite fun as the captains traded signals via the ships' horns. Not sure how unusual it was ... but it provided a great photo opp;)

• 2 months later...

During the week of November 13, we will be on the SD II. We will be embarking at Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. We will leave that evening for Marigot, St. Martin.

On that same day, the SD I will also be embarking at Charlotte Amalie, but they will be staying overnight before heading over to Cruz Bay, St. John the next morning.

I think it will be fun to see both the SDI and the SDII (hopefully) both tendered at Havensight!

Bill

We sailed out of Rome on SD 1 after SD 2 left the same port

SD1 caught up to and passed SD2 and quite a bit of commotion and blowing of horns were done, simple fun but it seemed to energize the crew and passengers and got our trip off on a fun bit!

We are sailing the week before ... so I guess we will see the SDs together when we disembark that Sunday:cool:

Jen,

Don't forget to wave. We'll be taking the picture from our B&B two blocks above and one block west of the H. Stern store - my wife's favorite landmark. :)

Bill

Will do Bill:p

Do you know where the Crystal Palace is in reference to my favorite store ... the downtown Little Switzerland:D

We still haven't decided where to spend our two post cruise days in STT.

From the Little Switz. on Main Street at Hibiscus Alley, you walk up Hibiscus Alley for two blocks, then turn left onto Crystal Gade. Follow Crystal Gade past the St. Thomas Synagogue, and you will find the Crystal Palace.

The Crystal Palace looks nice from their website and the few reviews I have found (on usvi-on-line.com) are complimentary (none are negative). It is an excellent value, and the kicker for us was that he will take stays of less than two or three nights. Several of the other B&B's won't take reservations for short stays - at least not until one month before arrival date.

Plus, Ronnie, the proprietor, is going to pick us up at the airport! If you decide to stay there, I bet he would pick you up at the pier. Perhaps we could even meet for lunch on the 13th, so you can tell us what to expect ;) .

Thanks for the lead on Crystal Palace.I can imagine the area after using my landmark:p

I have read good things about it on TTOL (Travel Talk On Line) so I should give Ronnie a call.

Regardless of where we stay we should try to get together at least for a drink or lunch:) Wonder if we could have that drink on SD2?

Bill:

Knowing how much DH loved the sports deck marina and all the toys ... I suspect we might have to make a James Bond-like entrance:p Seriously, I think we can figure this one out:D

I am going to talk with DH over the weekend on Crystal Palace.

Stay tuned!

Jen

Archived