Can I get email on my Kindle Fire if I purchase the internet minutes?

I am the MOST non-technical person, and I was reading the FAQ section on NCL's web site about purchasing internet minutes. It says that all devices need to have Java-script installed to be able to connect to the ship's wifi. I have no idea what Java-script is, so I'm hoping somebody who has a Kindle Fire can tell me if it will work to send/receive email from home while I'm on board.

Thank you!!!

I don't have a Fire but mine is a regular Kindle 3G. I was able to grab signals to connect to email and download a couple of books no problem when we were docked. The 3G was free. Not sure how it works but it did.

I don't have a Fire but mine is a regular Kindle 3G. I was able to grab signals to connect to email and download a couple of books no problem when we were docked. The 3G was free. Not sure how it works but it did.

Please clarify which ports that you got free 3G connections.

3g is a cell phone connection. Your Kindle automatically found a suitable signal when you were in port. It won't connect on the ship because that system requires that you sign up for your service.

Rats. I had a URL that pointed to a map showing everywhere you could get free 3G for your regular kindle and I can't find it. :(

But I have used the regular Kindle on the Spirit cruise out of NOLA and got books in all but one place.

And I've connected my Kindle Fire to the internet on a Princess Cruise ship with no problem.

Archived