Internet Charges on Oceania

Smbruner

Has anyone had an experience using wireless internet on their Oceania cruise? I read that if you have your own laptop (and I'm assuming the same with an iPad) you can use your device anywhere on the ship.

They do state that there are internet charges, does anyone know how much they charge?

Thanks so much for any information.

Use can use your own laptop or tablet anywhere on board. You purchase blocks of internet minutes. (Ex. 100 minutes, 300 minutes, 500 minutes, 1,200 minutes) the larger the block of time you buy, the lower your cost be minute. But it's very expensive even if you buy the 1,200 minute package.

i took my iPad on our last cruise, but when I spoke with the lady in the Computer Lab about using it, she said the WiFi connection often drops. I didn't want to waste expensive time logging back on, so I never did use WiFi. A friend did use WiFi, and commented that the connection did drop frequently.

I use my netbook all the time on the cruise but you need to be in the right place

With the old contractor they used it was fine I did not have a problem but on Marina last year you had to be right near the computer lab

This is suppose to be fixed soon

Rates are posted in the forum someplace ...a quick search using the search tab (top right) should bring them up

Archived