Aft Balcony 8634 On Jewel?

Highboy90

Been flipping between two cruises on two seperate liners due to schedule conflicts. This will be my first cruise! :)

As of now, I have cat B1 AFt balcony 8634 on the Jewel (though the GEM sounds nicer :o) on "hold" for a cruise set to sail on March 24, 2012 out of N.Y. While I think it would be very nice and hopefully, on the quiet side and out away from the heavy foot traffic thus justifying the extra exspence, I'm naturally concerned as I've been going crazy researching for the past week or so daily.

I'm mildly disabled (leg, foot pain) and perhaps would be better off more mid-ship and prefer to be close to elevators and all but in general, how do you think I'll do with this arrangement?

Any comments appreciated! :cool:

No! Do not take 8634, it's not quiet. If its like the same cabin on Gem you will have thumping music from Bliss Lounge below you.

Move to mid ship.

We were in this cabin and it was terrible. We got some $$ for trouble, but totally not worth it.

Been flipping between two cruises on two seperate liners due to schedule conflicts. This will be my first cruise! :)

As of now, I have cat B1 AFt balcony 8634 on the Jewel (though the GEM sounds nicer :o) on "hold" for a cruise set to sail on March 24, 2012 out of N.Y. While I think it would be very nice and hopefully, on the quiet side and out away from the heavy foot traffic thus justifying the extra exspence, I'm naturally concerned as I've been going crazy researching for the past week or so daily.

I'm mildly disabled (leg, foot pain) and perhaps would be better off more mid-ship and prefer to be close to elevators and all but in general, how do you think I'll do with this arrangement?

These two ships are too close in comparison so I would pick the ship according to your favorite ports/destinations.

They both have three sets of elevator so where ever your cabin your not that far to the elevator.

You pay more for aft cabin these days because it is the most desirable location for a few reason such as no wind, you get to see both sides of where your going, less traffic passing your cabin door which means less noise from loud obnoxious passengers that can be on board from time to time and less movement of ship verses forward location.

There are a lot of folks that will only sail aft and we are one of them. No aft no go!

No! Do not take 8634, it's not quiet. If its like the same cabin on Gem you will have thumping music from Bliss Lounge below you.

Move to mid ship.

We were in this cabin and it was terrible. We got some $$ for trouble, but totally not worth it.

Don't know what your talking about but the bliss lounge is nowhere near the aft of ship on either one of them.

On both of these ships you have cabins above and then the outdoor cafe so as long as you stay between decks of cabins all is well.

Move to mid ship.

NCL website and another I checked show Galleria shops under 8634 on the Jewel. If this is correct then I would happily book it.

If you were talking Pearl or Gem and aft balcony on 8 above Bliss, no way!

The shops are at the stern on Jewel, NOT the Bliss nightclub. I was in an aft balcony on Deck 9 just a couple weeks ago and can tell you it was extremely quiet. Never heard any foot traffic outside the cabin. The extra expense is for the beautiful view of the ship's wake.

The aft elevators are not a long walk from those stern balconies, and the buffet and Tsar's dining room are aft as well. It's the Stardust Theater, all the way forward, that will be the longest hike for you.

Thank you folks! :)

I was googling and came across some threads about this cabin number and noise and got real nervous at first but read that this was not a concern on the Jewel. :p Also looked at deckplans above and below. Just hoping no changes were made since then cause there better not be a bar below now!

I will probably spend most of my time mid-ship to aft on several levels and see deck 8 as a nice spot. Family balcony's are an option but nothing left were I'd prefer but doable should I change my mind. 300 more dollars is alot but then again, sure seems to be worth it in the long run. Have two siblings sailing sharing an "inside" cabin so I'm sure they'll appreciate the view when "visiting" should this all pan out.

Why am I soo nervous? :eek: :D

We have been on deck 9 aft on the Gem and didn't hear any noise from the Bliss lounge and didn't even know it was there till I double checked the deck plans but then we don't frequent the bars and clubs,

But I'll sure make a note of it for any future cruises.

Noise is an issue and to why we stopped sailing on the Star because when they moved the Spinnaker lounge to aft of ship they didn't put the sound proofing in correctly and so there was a lot of complaints about noise don't know if they ever fixed it.

Archived