Platinum member- Milestone

Herbaltees

Sailed 22 with 23,24 &25 booked :D My Milestone cruise will be the Breeze TA - booked an Ocean Suite to celebrate ;)

Wow, read on this board one reaching 50 and others on 36, 37, 38....I'm so jealous! Good for you!

In one week, I will be achieving Milestone with my 25th Carnival cruise.

Dave

You and me both Dave.......we'll have to have a celebratory drink with each other........

Unfortunately (and I don't think fairly) Donna is not milestone this cruise because when we cruised on the Inspiration in 2002 it was the cruise that she won playing bingo.....so even though I was on the cruise with her, it's not considered a revenue cruise for her, but it is for me.........

I'm just glad to be getting the status before the rules change....heading into retirement soon I won't be cruising 3-4 times a year...probably more like 2 times......

And btw for those of you getting close.......you get your milestone letter after you complete your 24th cruise, so technically speaking I've been milestone since my November cruise........I took the 25% OBC on the Magic next week because it's my most expensive cruise that I have booked right now.....

Since we have 23, 24 (B2B) and 25 booked, if we were to see a last minute cruise deal and jump aboard does that change our 25th cruise and they give the 25% for a different cruise?? I have goyyen two different answers fro CCL. Just wondering what folks on here has had happen. We do 3-5 cruises a year. Some planned ahead, then add a few here and there when the mood strikes. :o We got hooked bad after the first one. :D

Thanks all!

Kat

We have 19 booked and wondering if milestone will be worth anything once they introduce new platinum program down the road.

I'm a bit concerned about this "new" 4 tier rewards program too that is to be annoucned on the day in the year of on the month of ???????????????? I am boarding my 21st Carnival Cruise in 15 days.. Will I get screwed? Will I get moved up? Will I stay where I am? What are the new perks going to be? Is it worth it?

What a shame that John (and the beards) have been so secretive and so long forthcoming with this new plan...

I will wait it out, and if I'm still lucky enough to be alive by the time it really is announced, see what they did, see where I am "ranking" and then decide if I stay or move on ....

But in answer to the original posters question, we don't really know yet if its worth trying to get more and more and more (at least on Carnival...)... just for the perks... Now, just for cruising, it is definitely worth getting more and more and more... Cruising is the only way to vacation !!!

I'm a bit concerned about this "new" 4 tier rewards program too that is to be annoucned on the day in the year of on the month of ???????????????? I am boarding my 21st Carnival Cruise in 15 days.. Will I get screwed? Will I get moved up? Will I stay where I am? What are the new perks going to be? Is it worth it?

What a shame that John (and the beards) have been so secretive and so long forthcoming with this new plan...

I will wait it out, and if I'm still lucky enough to be alive by the time it really is announced, see what they did, see where I am "ranking" and then decide if I stay or move on ....

But in answer to the original posters question, we don't really know yet if its worth trying to get more and more and more (at least on Carnival...)... just for the perks... Now, just for cruising, it is definitely worth getting more and more and more... Cruising is the only way to vacation !!!

I too have 22 CCL cruises under my belt. It is my understanding that the new program will be number of days you have cruised, instead of number of cruises. If you have more 7 day cruises then you should be fine. I read somewhere that the new tier for milestone will start at 75 days to 125 days (I think) - count up the number of days you have cruised and you may already be there - I am! This actually works better for me :D

Just back from our 19th cruise! We have one booked in June on the Breeze. In case any Platinum member is interested we got the backpacks on the Paradise this week. They are really nice and I used it a lot on the cruise. I took my Nook with me so I had to carry it with me everywhere so the backpack was great. There were not very many Platinum members on this cruise either. We got a plate of assorted small chocolate desserts one night instead of the previous offerings.

I too have 22 CCL cruises under my belt. It is my understanding that the new program will be number of days you have cruised, instead of number of cruises. If you have more 7 day cruises then you should be fine. I read somewhere that the new tier for milestone will start at 75 days to 125 days (I think) - count up the number of days you have cruised and you may already be there - I am! This actually works better for me :D

This will not be good for me as my past 4 cruises were 3-5 day cruises. :(

132 days after the 7 day cruise in 2 weeks which is cruise #21. I thought that I read previous that the top tier starts at 225. If thats true, then I'm not in a good place and will be a bit upset...

The way I'm thinking....Right now, I could take 4 more cruises to become Milestone but with the new program, I would need 92 more days at a minimum of 14 seven day cruises with the new tier. If thats the case, I'm outta here... It is definitely not worth taking 14 more cruises just to reach top tier...

132 days after the 7 day cruise in 2 weeks which is cruise #21. I thought that I read previous that the top tier starts at 225. If thats true, then I'm not in a good place and will be a bit upset...

The way I'm thinking....Right now, I could take 4 more cruises to become Milestone but with the new program, I would need 92 more days at a minimum of 14 seven day cruises with the new tier. If thats the case, I'm outta here... It is definitely not worth taking 14 more cruises just to reach top tier...

Understand where you are at - I'm at 137 days; but I think they are adding a tier above Milestone.

75 to 125 is Milestone (we should already be there) and 126-225 will be a new tier they are developing.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Our Carnival Cruise #7 is booked for July. It will bring my husband and I to a total of (3,5,12,8,8,7,8) 51 days at sea with Carnival. The 3 day one was from 1987! I had to find my embarkation picture to prove it, but it worked!

We too are a bit concerned that the program requirements will change before we get to Platinum. Wish we could squeeze in a few quick 3's or 4's before the change.

My mom always sails with us. She's will be at 8 in July.

[quote name='Fun, Fun 44'][COLOR=purple][B]Since we have 23, 24 (B2B) and 25 booked, if we were to see a last minute cruise deal and jump aboard does that change our 25th cruise and they give the 25% for a different cruise?? I have goyyen two different answers fro CCL. Just wondering what folks on here has had happen. We do 3-5 cruises a year. Some planned ahead, then add a few here and there when the mood strikes. :o We got hooked bad after the first one. :D[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#800080]Thanks all![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#800080]Kat[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

We just cruised our 25th and used our 25% OBC in january, you can pick your cruise for the 25% for your 25th or later cruise, make sure to call for your letter with approval # before your cruise if your cruise is within 6 weeks of your 24th cruise or it probably won't be processed yet.

[quote name='Texarribean Chick']Understand where you are at - I'm at 137 days; but I think they are adding a tier above Milestone.
75 to 125 is Milestone (we should already be there) and 126-225 will be a new tier they are developing.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong![/QUOTE]

Cant correct you because noone really knows but I hope you're right... I just posted on another similiar thread which had a copy of what might be with days listed underneath each tier so that is what I am basing it on... I don't know how to copy it to bring it over here :(

[quote name='Elaine515']Cant correct you because noone really knows but I hope you're right... I just posted on another similiar thread which had a copy of what might be with days listed underneath each tier so that is what I am basing it on... I don't know how to copy it to bring it over here :([/QUOTE]

Yep - I found it - according to that, we're screwed! :(

• 2 weeks later...
We decided about 5 years back to get to Milestone by our 25th anniversary...check

Wanted to sail to Hawaii...check

Also, wanted to get our two youngest to Platinum by December 2012...check

What is the all the hype about this B2B thing?:)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='martinchem']We just cruised our 25th and used our 25% OBC in january, you can pick your cruise for the 25% for your 25th or later cruise, make sure to call for your letter with approval # before your cruise if your cruise is within 6 weeks of your 24th cruise or it probably won't be processed yet.[/quote]

[B][COLOR=purple]Thanks martinchem! Carnival's PVPs are not up to date with the Milestone "stuff", which doesn't really matter now that everything is going to change. But who knows when that might happen. Needs to be something they can pull up and get information. Couldn't imagine them not taking money for more cruises! lol They did finally call back with your answer. :D See ones on here know more![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=purple][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=purple]Thanks again, [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=purple]Kat[/COLOR][/B]

Archived