Need suggestion for Dominican Republic!

Jamie31

Hi everyone, we are a couple in our early 30's looking for a fun excursion next week. We are going in on the carnival Valor and cant seem to find much online that is within a reasonable distance. We really liked the idea of zip lining or 4 wheeling! Thanks for any suggestions as we have never been here!

:)

Hi everyone, we are a couple in our early 30's looking for a fun excursion next week. We are going in on the carnival Valor and cant seem to find much online that is within a reasonable distance. We really liked the idea of zip lining or 4 wheeling! Thanks for any suggestions as we have never been here!

:)

Look on the Carnival site see what tours are a available on your cruise.

You can probably book online your tours if you within 120 days of cruising.

You did not say where you are going in DR, but if you are in Samana, go to tour samana with terry dot com (or just Google him).

Highly recomended, and he has both of the things you want. I did a horseback expedition with him recently, but people on the ship also zip lined, and we ran into the 4 wheelers, everybody had a great experience.

We were on the Valor last week and did the Saona Island tour through Seavis.......search for it on this board and you'll find lots of comments, including a mini-review I just did today! We had a great experience with them - speedboat ride, beach, sandbar, swimming, snorkeling, etc.

Just got back from a stop in Samana (Feb. 2012) and two gal friends did the Razor ATV tour and had a blast. For some reason, and fortunate as it turns out, that we were the only two and got to have a "private" tour. It was absolutely awesome and we had a ball. Never felt concerned for safety, scared, or threaten even with it only being us two older gals (hurts to say that :(). Drove on some main streets to get to turnoff to go deep into the island, travelled some pretty rough roads, crossed a creek/river, thru the forest to a pretty beach tho not best for swimming, hiked back to a waterfall and watched people zip lining, stopped at a couple of local type bar/vendor areas and tried some of the "Dominican Republic ****** Rum". Good thing I only had a sample, and yes it has an affect on us females too. :D We drove the back roads back into town with a little tour in town and back to terminal. My friend had never driven an ATV so she was reluctant and not sure it was something we “should” be doing alone but ended up enjoying herself, except for the eye contact dust/dirt disruption. I had only driven once on a very simple and short tour with family and we never got to go faster than about 5 miles per hr., if that. This was a totally different experience and actually got to reach some speeds. What an adventure and I love excitement and adventure! Can’t wait to go back with family as they will absolutely love this tour as much as I. Peter and Adal did a great job of taking care of us gals. Thanks guys and can’t wait to see you again Peter!

• 1 month later...

Just back from Samana on NCL Dawn. Had booked private Tour with Terry #5. It was AWESOME and a highlight of our entire cruise. He met us at port and then we were off. We visited a school, local home, a lovely beach with a meal fresh cooked for us, and a hike up to a waterfall where we went for a dip. There was 9 of us from our ship. We all enjoyed it. We stopped at a local shop where they make cocoa and grow vanilla, peppercorns, lemons, papaya etc. They took us on a tour to see how these grow which was wonderful for my children. I can't recommend it enough. Great day. Others on our ship went ziplining with Terry and loved it as well. The guys on ATV's met up with for lunch and they also had a great time. Terry's seems to have it all going on.

Near La Romana Port...

Wild Ranch Canopy does zip lining and buggy tour combos. They are the nearest zip line/buggy to port at 30 minutes from port. But their website is not very informative - you'll need to contact them for more info.

http://www.wild-ranch-canopy.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/wildranchcanopy

Bayahibe is 25 minute drive away - there you can try...

Stand Up Paddle Boarding (www.bayahibesup.com)

Deep sea fishing (www.bayahibefishingcentre.com)

Saona Island or Chavon river tour (www.seavisbayahibe.com)

Have fun!

Archived