Ochos Rio - Clothing Optional Beach nearby?

clothesopt101

Try doing a search on Google. There may be a resort in the area that has a clothing optional beach, but probably not a public beach that's clothing optional. I don't know if a resort would allow someone who is not a guest to come in and use their facilities. Jamaica is a poor country, and not a place where you would want to wander off by yourself. Even with a group tour, be prepared to be hassled by locals trying to sell you things.

I appreciate the advice on jamaica and wandering off. However, I do know how to search and this forum site - Cruisecritic - is where I ended up. I want someone to tell me what I can't seem to find else where. Even sent emails to resorts but no answers. Grand Cayman the answer is easy - illegal. Jamaica it is legal -- where can I do it while being a cruiser?

Search this board for threads on Couples Sans Souci. It has a main beach where topless is allowed and a "sunset beach" where au naturel is allowed. Word is they charge $50 for a day pass which is a steal for this classy resort.

PS- The c/o beach is actually the nicer "real" beach. Last time I went it had a few tiki huts, a pool with a grotto and a hottub and swim up bar / grill. A very small beach where you can meet a lot of nice people and make good friendships. Oh, and the chickens and goats that walk around are friendly to.

The main beach is nice also but it's articial with sand and the people tend to not socialize as much.

PS- Jamaica is very well known for their C/O beaches. Many resorts offer them and versions of the experience that are a bit more 'wicked'.

OP I think the fact you already tried google without success says it all. Nothing I have ever read about on CC.

The suggestion on a private resort might be your only option and its going to be more costly.

sorry you are not finding what you want, but its not so common in the caribbean.

Jamaica actually has a lot of clothing optional beaches and resorts my wife and I have gone to or but it was in Negril there is also or in Montego bay I am not a hundred percent sure where it would be in ocho I can ask around and report back later I usually go to Jamaica every summer It's a great place to vacation as log as you stay to yourself you will be fine especially of you are in te tourist areas because there is a greater sense of police in those areas (disclaimer) for give any typos in this message currently on my phone while sitting in a boring meeting

Topless and clothing optional beaches in Jamaica are few and far between and are becoming more rare. There used to be a topless beach in Montego Bay but no longer. The Jamaicans are very conservative people and find topless sunbathing distasteful or even offensive.

Having said that, Hedonism II in Negril is clothing optional and/or topless but it's an hour and forty five minutes from MoBay. Grand Lido Braco, located at Trelawny, has a topless area and I believe they offer day passes to cruise ship guests. Trelawny is about half way between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.

By the way, I'll be moving this thread to the Jamaica ports of call forum after I'm sure you've read this.

:)

There's some really great nudist beaches in Negril that I frequent, but it is too far of a drive from Ocho Rios to Negril for a day excursion.

Couples Tower Isle at Ocho Rios offers au naturel bathing at Tower Isle. A motorboat takes guests to the island. Only couples together are allowed, and everyone must be nude. A half-day day pass is 4100/pp.

Topless and clothing optional beaches in Jamaica are few and far between and are becoming more rare.

That's not been my experience. In fact Sunset Beach Resort about 1 mile from the docks in Montego Bay offers a topless section and a nude section. But for the OP in Ochos Rios, he/she needs to look up Couples San Souci.

I know of one on St Thomas - I live here. Little Megan and Honeymoon - near Magen's Bay. St Martin is for sure at Orient and topless everywhere. Wonder if topless is normal or okay in Jamaica?

Topless is OK on the beach in Negril for sure and there are a few spots where total nudity is allowed.

Couples Tower Isle at Ocho Rios offers au naturel bathing at Tower Isle. A motorboat takes guests to the island. Only couples together are allowed, and everyone must be nude. A half-day day pass is 4100/pp.

Thanks for this information, scgamecock.

How much is that in USD? I sent an email to that resort but have seen no reply. We will see ....

How much is that in USD? I sent an email to that resort but have seen no reply. We will see ....

4,100.00 JMD = 47.7022 USD Jamaican Dollar US Dollar 1 JMD = 0.0116347 USD 1 USD = 85.9500 JMD

I did the search for a currency converter for ya :D

That's not been my experience. In fact Sunset Beach Resort about 1 mile from the docks in Montego Bay offers a topless section and a nude section. But for the OP in Ochos Rios, he/she needs to look up Couples San Souci.

That's true... one of three beaches at Sunset is clothing optional.

Just an example, however, about such locations becoming more rare, Hedonism III recently changed names to 'SuperFun Beach Resort' and doesn't do nude anymore. Folks are saying the Hedonism II is headed the same direction...

:)

FWIW, I've lost count of how many times I've been to Jamaica including all of the various SuperClubs resorts from Breezes Runaway Bay to Hedo II/III and all three Grand Lido's.

Granted my experiences are getting a little dated as time washes my footprints away from the beach ( probably a good thing... less evidence for me kids to google one day ) but I've never heard what you just said. I was at BRB a couple years ago when they announced HIII was closing and to be honest HII never had the feel that HII had. HII / HIII was kind of like all the hippies in South Austin lamenting the new downtown skyline and wishing for it to be like the old days.

Maybe I'll have to jump over to DennyP's board and ask Chris Santilli if much has changed since the 'good ol' days.

Edit- I just read enough threads to get the feeling that those old hippies are finally ready for some nicer digs after all.

Sorry. Typo. Dollar sign, not 4. I meant $100/pp US

Archived