Ship for children?

Valor2005

We're planning a cruise to celebrate our daughter's graduation from nursing school. We'll also be taking our GS and GD, ages 8 & 2. I'd like to get some opinions on the best ship for children this age. We'd prefer to cruise out of a Florida port. Datewise, we're thinking sometime between Nov. 2012 and Feb. 2013. All opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I think that Carnival does a great job with kids & for the price you can't beat their cruises. I'm sure Disney would be a wonderful choice as well but they are more than what I want to spend. I think RCC & NCL are also upping their kid friendly atmosphere as well. Again, Carnival tends to be the most reasonable & we've always had good luck with them.

We've gone as a family on three cruises; cozemal/costa rica/panama, nassau/puerto rico/st. thomas/grand turk & key west/nassau. I'd say that I've enjoyed the last two the most with the kids just because the ports all seemed to offer a far amount. The puerto rico combo was very kid friendly, I thought & we didn't spend a ton of money on excursions. Key West is also a great port I think for kids because there is so much right there within walking distance. I'm less enthusiastic at the moment on any ports in Mexico. but that's just me.

Archived