Price Drops!

djr88

Ok can someone dumb down price drops for me?!

1) Am I automatically credited if I booked ES?

2) Does it just come off my balance owing?

3) Am I notified by e-mail if all of this is done automatically?

If you booked Early Saver Rate.........

Go to this site: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Search for your ship, sail date, and cabin category.

If you find the exact ship, date, and cabin category at a lower price that you qualify for.......... then you can submit the price protection form. You can find this form at the following site: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Once you fill out the form and submit, it will take 7 - 10 days to hear back from Carnival to see if you have been approved.

If you have not made final payment, the amount will be taken off your balance. If you have already made final payment, you can either get an upgrade or OBC.

Good luck!

If you booked Early Saver Rate.........

Go to this site: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Search for your ship, sail date, and cabin category.

If you find the exact ship, date, and cabin category at a lower price that you qualify for.......... then you can submit the price protection form. You can find this form at the following site: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Once you fill out the form and submit, it will take 7 - 10 days to hear back from Carnival to see if you have been approved.

If you have not made final payment, the amount will be taken off your balance. If you have already made final payment, you can either get an upgrade or OBC.

Good luck!

Thanks!

We booked this past Thanksgiving for our upcoming 2012 Thanksgiving cruise on the Victory. We have 2 cabins right now a 9C (aft wrap) and 8A (premium balcony). All except 1 cabin in each catagory is booked, so far we have only received $10 pp credit for a price drop. I'm not sure we'll see any more price drops once these 2 rooms are booked and those catagories are no longer available.

We are an exteded balcony. 8J. One of those bowling alley balconies. First time with one of those, cant waits as I hear they are fantastic.
Our upcoming cruise is our 2nd with Carnival. We could have switched to an 8J for something like $20 more pp. I was reluctant as it's handicapped and I hear you can be bumped at the last minute if this stateroom is needed for a wheelchair. Is that true?

We don't cruise till August on the Splendor. I've had 3 price drops on my Aft Extended Balcony, total about $120. Two of the price drops have been in the last 5 days..incredible! Our son's & gf Oceanview got the first drop today of $20pp. :)

Wrong cabin.....we have the Aft Wrap on Splendor. We're on deck 7, so far nobody else has booked the 5 remaining wrap rooms. I thought for sure these would be snapped up. We've never cruised Carnival...really looking forward to enjoying mornings & evenings on that balcony :)

I'm a little confused after reading some of the threads. The ONLY way to get OBC is if you booked early saver correct? So someone like me who booked past guest with resident rate would not qualify for any price drop perks....( we booked 5 days ago and it's gone down, of course ;) we did an inside guarantee as well if that means anything....

I'm a little confused after reading some of the threads. The ONLY way to get OBC is if you booked early saver correct? So someone like me who booked past guest with resident rate would not qualify for any price drop perks....( we booked 5 days ago and it's gone down, of course ;) we did an inside guarantee as well if that means anything....

You can still take advantage of the price drop if you have NOT passed you final payment date. It never hurts to call and ask, that way you can be sure.

I did not book early saver and I have gotten 3 price drops since booking, saving a total of $300 for my wife and I.

Good Luck!

Yesterday was final payment. It took over an hour to get the $60 price drop.

The night before, I was on hold 36 minutes when I was disconnected. The "service" dept. guy told me they were swamped. Part of the problem was the confusion in trying to talk me into a "free" upgrade. Since we're sailing with family, we wanted to stay on Deck 6 and had no interest in moving up one floor. RCI simply changes the price if it's before final payment. The agent had to call resolution twice. The first time it was approved, however, blocked by the computer. So she had to call again. It took for darned ever.

Wow.

Price drops seemingly on every ship. Indicating that sales are WAY down for Carnival during this, their prime season for people making reservations.

No doubt somewhat related to the Concordia news. Waiting for the CCL stock to drop quite a bit before buying, and won't be surprised when it does !

We got another drop of $50 last week. That is total of 8 drops (7 since January), for a total of $540 OBC. We are very pleased, as ES has paid off for us. But I was checking the bookings for our cruise and there are very few 8J rooms left, so I think the price drops for us have come to an end.

Our cruise is in July and most of the balconys are gone and the prices are going up.

I actually got a $50 drop on our July Magic Balcony on Leap Day... 1st ever for the Balcony. Got 5 drops for the kids interior room total of $200 so far. :D

I started to read this thread as the OP said "I check the site twice a day" I went on over to the carnival site, which I was on earlier this AM and BOOM!

Another price drop!

Thanks for posting this haha

After this one, that will be a total of $220 WOO HOO!

We're gonna be on the Paradise in April. We've got 4 in a 4B, and we've had a $320 price drop since we booked - including a $40 this morning, thanks to the More = Merrier rate. We know two people on the same cruise that have a GS, and their rate has dropped $200 so far.

My ocean view cabin dropped $40 this morning, so I called and got the price drop :)

THEN, I was fooling around on Carnval again this afternoon and noticed another drop of $40 and called back.

Sure enough $80 savings today:D

I started to read this thread as the OP said "I check the site twice a day" I went on over to the carnival site, which I was on earlier this AM and BOOM!

Another price drop!

Thanks for posting this haha

After this one, that will be a total of $220 WOO HOO!

Conrats on your price drop. I literally check several times a day...it pays off. Like I said we are 7 or 8 drops for a total of $540. Thats going to help out on the bar bill. Looking forward to trying the Thirsty Frog Ale.

Just received OBC of 198.60. Sent form in last Thursday. Sailing in 23 days and u can bet I'll be checking Carnival web everyday.

Interesting how it was done. They put the lower price on line that I had actually paid. Adjusted from there!

Happy Camper ( or should I say Cruiser) here!

Conrats on your price drop. I literally check several times a day...it pays off. Like I said we are 7 or 8 drops for a total of $540. Thats going to help out on the bar bill. Looking forward to trying the Thirsty Frog Ale.

No thirsty frog on the Miracle:(

Oh hell....I drink anything...and for some reason, it tastes better when it's FREE :p

I kept checking for my cruise that I booked almost a year ago (leaving on the 1st of April) and nothing. Not until last week at least, last week it dropped a total of $200 ($100 per person). Still waiting to hear back from Carnival about the form that I submitted.

Archived