2nd Time on the Fascination was great! 2/18/12

Hi neighbor! We will be on the Fascination in just over a week. We too booked the great southwest deal!!!! Would you mind scanning the fun times? I would like to check out the teen clubs and let my girls know so they will be more up for it.

thanks!

I will try. No promises though. Computers are not my thing! :eek:

I don't think the kids & teens things are on the Fun Times but I have been known to be wrong before! :D I think they will get their own agendas.

How old are your girls? My DD was 15 on one cruise & had a blast. She made a lot of new friends that she stayed in contact with.

Don't you love Southwest?!? I want to go back!!!

I have never seen as many kids as there were on our cruise! Over 700!!! I don't know if there were so many because we cruised over President's Day? They were not a problem though & seemed to be very well behaved. Camp Carnival was definitely busy!!!

I have a few pics of the ship & the waterworks area I will post soon. I didn't take as many as usual because we had already been on this ship before.

I don't think I mentioned Breezes in Nassau is adult only. I think I read it is 14 & up & 18 & up during spring break.

Juli

We love the Fascination and agree about the Lido deck water - its too....sulphury for us. Typical FL water, lol!

I am not usually that picky about water (DH is) but I didn't even like it. We ran out of bottled water the last day & refilled our botlles on the Lido & I had to make myself drink it. Maybe it was just the week we cruised?

I will try. No promises though. Computers are not my thing! :eek:

I don't think the kids & teens things are on the Fun Times but I have been known to be wrong before! :D I think they will get their own agendas.

How old are your girls? My DD was 15 on one cruise & had a blast. She made a lot of new friends that she stayed in contact with.

Don't you love Southwest?!? I want to go back!!!

I have never seen as many kids as there were on our cruise! Over 700!!! I don't know if there were so many because we cruised over President's Day? They were not a problem though & seemed to be very well behaved. Camp Carnival was definitely busy!!!

I have a few pics of the ship & the waterworks area I will post soon. I didn't take as many as usual because we had already been on this ship before.

I don't think I mentioned Breezes in Nassau is adult only. I think I read it is 14 & up & 18 & up during spring break.

Juli

no worries on the fun times, i was just curious. my dd is 14 and her bff, also 14, are going. they want to do the teen clubs, but are a little anxious about it. ;)

where did you get the info on the breezes resort? would love to check into it.

Hi Juli,

It was nice to meet you and JR. It was good to read about your port days, since we only had a couple minutes to hear about it at debark, and it really sounded like fun. So glad you wrote a review. Amy and I will definitely look at doing these next time.

David

no worries on the fun times, i was just curious. my dd is 14 and her bff, also 14, are going. they want to do the teen clubs, but are a little anxious about it. ;)

where did you get the info on the breezes resort? would love to check into it.

They will have a great time!!! My kids are now 21 & 24 but they always loved to cruise & came home with so many new friends.

I think birdy who was on our cruise scanned the funtimes & is going to post them in her review & she had teens with her so you might ask her.

I got all the info on Breezes in the Ports of Call forums & googled Breezes in Nassau. I pulled this off their site: Breezes Bahamas welcomes singles, couples and families, 14 years and older.

We absolutely loved our day at Breezes but I don't recall seeing many teens there so your girls might have more fun somewhere else.

Juli

Hi Juli,

It was nice to meet you and JR. It was good to read about your port days, since we only had a couple minutes to hear about it at debark, and it really sounded like fun. So glad you wrote a review. Amy and I will definitely look at doing these next time.

David

Hi David,

We enjoyed meeting you & Amy too!

Sorry we didn't ever get to hear Amy sing. During our breakfast Annette said she is really good! Hopefully next time! :D

There was just so much to do on the ship we kept running out of time to do all the thing we wanted to do. And I meant for this to be a relaxing trip!!! :p J.R. knows me well so he knew better!

I wish y'all had joined us in the Piano Bar. We had so much fun there (even though I REALLY can't sing)!!!

I would highly recommend Breezes in Nassau & Our Lucaya Resort in Freeport. They were both wonderful & we will definitely go back to both of them when we go back to the Bahamas!

Juli

WEATHER:

It was a little chilly the day we boarded the ship but we had PERFECT weather the rest of the week which is incredible for February. We had really smooth sailing until the last sea day when the ship was rocking a bit & some people looked a little green. Made me sleep like a baby! :D

The waterworks area

232323232%7Ffp43364%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A272324nu0mrj

We loved this deck. A great view & we could hear the music from the Lido deck.

232323232%7Ffp43349%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A276324nu0mrj

Passage of India

232323232%7Ffp43368%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A27%3A324nu0mrj

The Beanbag Toss (Cornhole) J.R. was not on his game that day & the lovely lady beside him kicked his butt! :D

232323232%7Ffp4336%3B%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3A282324nu0mrj

Loved your review. We sail in 8 days on the Fascination and I can't wait. This will be our 2nd cruise on this ship and I hope it is twice the fun, like yours was.

We are taking our 13 year old son and 20 year old daughter, so it should be interesting at least.

Count down!!!! wooohooo, again thanks for the review...I love reading about the ship I am about to sail.

I can never resist buying the Elegant Night pictures (actually 2 or 3 of them)! I think the photographers see me coming & think here is an easy sale!

232323232%7Ffp43433%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3638%3B%3A%3A449324nu0mrj

I always buy this one too! lol! Helps me remember what ship & when we went!

232323232%7Ffp43434%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3638%3B%3A%3A44%3B324nu0mrj

More pics from Breezes in Nassau (Thanks Simon for taking this pic! We had so much fun that day!!!)

download?mid=1%5f82535%5fAJXEtEQAACuLT00t7g7osV7X7J8&pid=2.3&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeo

Simon & Mary at the beach at Breezes

232323232%7Ffp43366%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3638936637324nu0mrj

LAST DAY:

OMG! Our five days on the Fascination flew by!!! We had breakfast in the Coconut Grove Bar & Grill with our new friends & had planned to rent a car from Hertz since our flight was not till 5:10 PM & hanging out at the airport all day with luggage is not a great way to end your vacation. Hertz will pick you up at the cruise port & you can turn the rental car back in to the airport.

We planned to go to the zoo for the day. Our new friends had planned to drive to Savannah to spend the night but decided to spend the day with us. Yay!!! They had an SUV so there was plenty of room for all our stuff. Thanks so much Mary & Simon for spending the day with us!!! And it was Simons birthday!

We went to the Jacksonville Zoo & Botanical Gardens. I think it was one of my favorite zoos. The Botanical Gardens were gorgeous. We had a great lunch there & it was very reasonable. The animals looked well cared for & I even got to feed the giraffes.:D I have never seen giraffes where you can get so close to them. We had such an amazing (& once again perfect weather) day at the zoo & it was so nice to spend our final day with some of our new friends.

We had such a great time on the Fascination!!! Of course we bought a Future Cruise Certificate for our next cruise!

232323232%7Ffp43447%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3C395324nu0mrj

I stood in line with all the little kids :o to get plants to feed the giraffes. It was really cool!

232323232%7Ffp43356%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363892%3C382324nu0mrj

• 2 years later...