Oasis - Zip Line Question

We're going on Oasis March 10, and I like the idea of the zip line. However, I have bad knees and if there is much climbing involved to ride the zip line I will have to pass.

Can someone please tell me how people actually get up to the starting point for the zip line?

Thanks!

It's just a step or 2 up to get on then when you get to the other side, it's a quick land - you should be ok!
Having done zip line on both Oasis and Allure, be aware that IMO there is considerable impact on your knees on landing. On many zip lines the landing force is taken up by shock absorbers on the line and your knees have no stress, but on Oasis most of the stress is on the knees. Not knowing your knee issues I leave it up to you to decide [obviously:rolleyes:] but I suggest you watch people land before making a final decision.

Thom

I agree with TravelerThom, watch the people already doing it.

I did the Zipline on Allure. The staff remind you to start 'running' on the platform at the other side to slow you down but it all happens so quick even doing that I still managed to crash into the pads at the end. I had a lovely bruise on my inner arm for the rest of the cruise:(.

Watching others ahead of time is a great idea, but I will tell you that we saw many older folks (70s and even 80) with limited mobility enjoying this.

They put you in a harness, so even if you let go of the bar completely during the ride, you would be just sitting in the harness. Landing is abrupt, but the incline is so slight its not like a "high jump". They recommend you start moving your feet as if walking as soon as you hit the landing zone and that way you will walk your landing. But the guy is there to catch folks who forget or have trouble.

Ultimately its up to you and your condition...is it something that could be made worse?- Then maybe not. If its something that you live with chronically; well, this activity is not terribly physical, and is extremely short timed (maybe 10 seconds total flight) and wont have time to "bother" your knees the way a long hike or climb might.

Hope you can try it!

Thanks for the helpful replies, and the picture was great, too! I'll take the advice to watch before trying. I didn't even consider the landing - I was only thinking about getting on. I'm glad I asked - and that you all responded so quickly!

Thank you!

Archived