Carnival Spirit Hawaii to Sydney this year

Sailaway John

Both wife and I are booked on the Carnival Spirit's maiden cruise from Hawaii to Sydney from 30th September to 17th October this year.

My question is does anyone know if the OBCs that Carnival are throwing around now for cruises from Sydney to Sydney are going to be available on the maiden cruise from Hawaii to Sydney. Also apparently there is a "No-tipping Policy" on the Sydney to Sydney cruises; is that also applicable to the maiden cruise?

Hi

There doesn't seem to be any OBC being thrown around willy-nilly for the repositioning cruise. I see it come up when I do a dummy booking on the Carnival Australia site and I've seen some mailings that offer OBC. They confuse me slightly - I've had two arrive at this address that are not for us, and none for us. I wonder if they are throwing them at P&O cruisers to get them to move over.

The daily tips will be required on the Hawaii/Sydney trip. This will be the usual amount of $11 and however many cents per day. Believe me you are paying them on all the cruises out of Australia, they are just built into the ticket price (which is one of the reasons the fares look so much higher that US based fares) which means that people do not have the option to remove the charge once on board. I think this is great for the crew, they will be getting a known wage when on these trips and not relying on tips from a society that is not a tipping one.

There is a very active roll call for this trip over in the roll call section, come on over and join in!

Archived