What to do in Juneau at night?

FLNC09

We will be in Juneau on Sept 10th from 2 until 10. We plan on using the shuttle to go out to Mendenhal in the afternoon. We will probably be there for several hours to do the Visitor Center and walk to Nugget Falls. I'm looking for ideas of things to do back near the cruise ship that evening/night?

We will go up Mt. Roberts Tramway if the weather is good. Suggestions for other things to do?

I'm in part posting to bump this thread... Love to hear from others as we will be in Juneau from 1-10pm.

The one thing I have seen a lot of people post about is Red Dog Saloon. A number people have mentioned it as a good place to go for a drink and get a local Alaska feel as opposed to a touristy feel. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31020-d330403-Reviews-Red_Dog_Saloon-Juneau_Alaska.html

You might want to double check your schedule - The Jewel is in Juneau Sept 11 from 7 AM to 1:30 PM. The Pearl is there from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM the same day.

As far as everything else goes Mendenhall Glacier and the Tram are both good things to do.

Hi mamalabelle

Portpal is a great idea but still in it's infancy

Until the shorex operators 'get on board' and list their tours and attractions there won't be many excursions to choose from

Alaska looks great - I googled Mt Roberts Tramway and google maps comes up with a stupendous street view and satellite view of the harbour, with no less than 3 x Great White Picnic Ships berthed, right near the Red Dog Saloon!

Sorry I can't suggest any activities, but reading your post has made me want to sail to Alaska!

I google mapped Station Pier, Port Melbourne, Australia (where I live) but there was no ship berthed the day google 'cruised' by. And Portpal has no information whatsoever on Melbourne - yet!

Happy Alaskan dreaming, FLNC09!

Cheers

Kristine

Archived