Looking for reliable Tour providers

akruz

were you able to jump the falls with Mandoo?

There was a guy there who was jumping from the top of the falls. No one in our group did it, some went into the pool at the second falls we went to. There are 7 falls and we only got to 2 of them, the others are hard to get to.

We used Stan with JnJ tours when we were in Grenada at the beginning of February. He was great, gave us a tour (there were 6 of us), brought us to a local restaurant for lunch, and then brought us to Grand Anse Beach for as long as we wanted to stay.

Also worked with Stan from JnJtours. I contacted Stan just a week before our cruise and although he couldn't personally drive us around, he setup the day with another driver (Nick) that works for him. Nick was knowledgeable, very accommodating, and very friendly. We really enjoyed the day and appreciated the fact that in the middle of our tour Stan called on Nick's phone to check in with us and make sure we were enjoying the day.

We were with Nick from 8:30 - 4:00 and the cost was $50/pp.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I missed our scheduled tour and as a result took a 5 HOUR tour with SUNSATION TOURS. Our driver was Ian. a former teacher in England who retired with his wife who was born in Grenada.

The tour in a large passenger van, encompassed the entire island with stops at the chocolate and rum producers. Ian gave us a complete description of the island, providing many insights and lending his personal experiences to enhance our island expereience. It cost $125 for the 2 of us on this exclusive tour. However, that price would be reduced significantly if others joined. Ian in particular was worth every dollar.

Their website is www.grenadasunsensation.com

Email: qkspice@spiceisle,com

Caribbean Horizons is a great tour company in Grenada. I have done 2 private tours with them so far, and will be taking my third tour in around 2 weeks. They are quick to respond to emails. Their tour guides are the best I have experienced on any island. Their prices are good for private tours. They use modern vehicles with comfortable seating. They are wonderful for suggesting possible places to see. I cannot wait for my next tour with them.

Just got back from Grenada and booked a tour with Stan at J&J tours. He was unavailable but sent a driver (Gilbert) who met us just inside the terminal with a sign. Gilbert was very polite, the van was clean and the air conditioning worked!! :D We had 5 1/2 hours of personal attention on our tour. I would definately recommend J&J tours to anyone!

We just got back from using Mandoo in Grenada. We wanted to hike the seven sisters falls so he sent us with one of his guides Kendall. He was awesome. Mandoo met us at the dock and introduced us to the guide. I would book with them in a heart beat! Grabbed fresh fruit from the side of the road, let us determine how long we wanted to stay and showed us all the spices. The best part was that he got us to the falls before everyone else. While we were hiking out there were over a hundred hiking in on a cruise excursion. Be warned if you go to the falls it is a very strenuous hike that involves some boulder hopping. I had taken my parents who are in their late 60's and it was challenging for them, but Kendall took great care of them. I loved Grenada and want to go back!

My wife and I missed our scheduled tour and as a result took a 5 HOUR tour with SUNSATION TOURS. Our driver was Ian. a former teacher in England who retired with his wife who was born in Grenada.

The tour in a large passenger van, encompassed the entire island with stops at the chocolate and rum producers. Ian gave us a complete description of the island, providing many insights and lending his personal experiences to enhance our island expereience. It cost $125 for the 2 of us on this exclusive tour. However, that price would be reduced significantly if others joined. Ian in particular was worth every dollar.

Their website is www.grenadasunsensation.com

Email: qkspice@spiceisle,com

Hi,

Just an edit for the website link:

Their website is http://grenadasunsation.com/

• 2 weeks later...

We have been twice on Grenada und took Sunsation tours twice ( they have a german speaking guide , thats why). We loved the privacy and the acknoledgement of this tours.

I can highly recommend them!

• 2 months later...

We took a tour with Mandoo and was very disappointed. We contacted him way ahead of time for a private tour (not knowing anything about his operation at the time), I had emails and everything with me at the pier and he simply said too bad. We were on a 40+ person bus, which we hated, and we were lectured non-stop on politics & religion. It may have been a bad day for him because I have not heard that comment from others but the 6 of us were not pleased. The second tour, a couple years later, was with a random taxi at the pier. We did not want to chance ending up on the 40+ person bus again with a rigid itinerary. About a year ago we read about Stan from JnJ tours. He was in the US Army, so you know there is no problem understanding his English. This time there was 4 of us and we had a private tour. We did not want beach time but we did want to see some specific things, but also looked for suggestions. It was fantastic, best tour of the cruise!! I have already scheduled him for next spring to see the other 1/2 of the island. My vote is for Stan at JnJ.

Archived