alcohol from the cruise to the MDR table

You MAY be able to call Royal and tell them that you want it delievered to the MDR to avoid a corkage fee. As Diamond Plus we order a bottle of free champagne and opt for it to be delivered to the dining room so there is no corkage fee. If we had them deliver it to our cabin then bring it to the dining room we would be charged a fee.

BonVoyage

Dawna

You MAY be able to call Royal and tell them that you want it delievered to the MDR to avoid a corkage fee. As Diamond Plus we order a bottle of free champagne and opt for it to be delivered to the dining room so there is no corkage fee. If we had them deliver it to our cabin then bring it to the dining room we would be charged a fee.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Is that the dumbest thing they can do. We had our D+ champagne delivered to our room and they tried to hit us with a corkage fee in the dining room. Isn't this supposed to be a gift?? And now you want to charge me to access a gift? I complained to the matre d' and they waived the corkage fee.

I understand the whole bottle/corkage fee statements, but still have a question.

Can I really brink a 'drink in hand' (say a wine from another bar, etc.) into the dining room when I enter for dinner? I guess I never thought of that and often hurried my drink down if we were having one when it passed the dinner hour.

thanks! the things you learn on Cruise Critic!

I understand the whole bottle/corkage fee statements, but still have a question.

Can I really brink a 'drink in hand' (say a wine from another bar, etc.) into the dining room when I enter for dinner? I guess I never thought of that and often hurried my drink down if we were having one when it passed the dinner hour.

thanks! the things you learn on Cruise Critic!

we usually bring our pre-dinner drinks in with us, no problem.

We've brought along our pre-dinner drinks to the MDR and then we also brought out of the dining room our recorked bottle of wine with two glasses for later. We rarely finish a whole bottle with dinner, but take it back to our room. Then we can finish it as we like or later on our evening deck stroll.

Enjoy!

We've brought along our pre-dinner drinks to the MDR and then we also brought out of the dining room our recorked bottle of wine with two glasses for later. We rarely finish a whole bottle with dinner, but take it back to our room. Then we can finish it as we like or later on our evening deck stroll.

Enjoy!

If this is the case, I am going to be doing that.

As a Diamond member I did notice on my last cruise in November 2011 how

many people were carrying their wine glasses from the diamond lounge to the

dining room

Now there are signs asking please do not do this , but they were ignored

Hope this practise does not make RCCL have another little think about our perks

We had two table mates who went to the lounge every night at 6 PM stayed until

8. 30 P M

They came to dinner very happy each night and yes carrying their wine glasses

I have used the wine packages only in the MDR, WJ and Chops/Portofino. I read where some people have been able to access the package at one of the bars, but I have not tried it. You can take the left over from dinner back to your cabin or just order another bottle to go. If they don't open it, they can get an opener for you.

Same here....the only access to our wine came from the WJ, MDR or Chops/Portofinos. When we tried at a bar the staff told us to use one of those locations. I understand the wine package purchases are kept in the MDR and are labelled and tracked there. Staff retrieves it when requested in the WJ or specialty restaurant. At least this is how it was done on my Voyager Class sailings. It may be different on other ships?

And yes, you could take an unopened bottle back to your room for later too with a wine opener.

Archived