two scooters/ one HC cabin

bluehenfan

I have booked my 1st HC cabin (7260) on the Carnival Pride. As my illness has progressed I'm finding it more difficult to stand in one spot for any length of time and can't walk a long distance. I am traveling with my 78 y.o. aunt who has bad arithritis in her back and knees and she can't do stairs or walk long distance. On my last cruise I had a reg. cabin with 2 other people and had to rent a scooter. It was difficult getting the scooter in and out of the room and we were a little cramped at night, but we managed. I will be renting a scooter again for this cruise, but would like to rent one for my aunt as well. Would feel terrible cruising the hallways and Ports on a scooter while my Aunt is struggling to walk. In fact I wouldn't do that -we'd spend most of our time in our room or on balcony. Is it do-able to have 2 scooters in a HC cabin? They would both be standard size. Any info would be appreciated.

Definitely possible. We have never had a H/C cabin on Carnival except for our upcoming cruise in June. I became disabled six years ago so my scooter usage has been limited to the past six years. we have had H/C cabins on Celebrity, RCL and HAL and all had plenty of room for more than one scooter.

If your cabin space proves to be limited, you could ask your cabin steward to remove any unnecessary furniture like table and chair(s).

Thank you all for the positive info. on cabin with 2 scooters.I was afraid I'd get a bunch of "can't be done" replies. For one thing I can't picture the size of a handicap cabin and restroom and I remember how cramped we were in reg. cabin with one scooter. Will go ahead and rent 2nd one for my aunt and surprise her.

On last cruise I actually only had to charge scooter 2x in 7 days, so I thought I could alternate charging scooters every other night, but think I will order the mini surge protector in case both need charging at same time. I know I'll have a lot of uses for it here at home too.Thanks for telling me about it jackretired.

My illness has changed a lot of things in my life - I've had to retire from a job I loved and I don't enjoy many of the things I use to because of pain, but I'm determined not to allow it to keep me from my beloved cruising !! Tips on this site have been so great - Thanks to all again. Sandee

My husband and I both use scooters we have traveled on Princess and RCI in handica[[ed room and have had enough room. We line scooters up and put both on charge each night usuallly in front of desk.

Archived