Celebrity Equinox Day 2

rspro

Day 2 on the Equinox and it’s a day at sea! There is nothing better after the hustle and bustle of a travel, check-in and unpacking day then a restful day at sea. Of course, every day at sea is what you make of it. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy, or you can read a book on the deck and relax most of the day.

I've posted the Celebrity Today Dailies for this day at sea – there’s lots to do if you want: http://www.proszowski.com

If you are a Captain’s Club Elite Member, there is also a separate schedule of events throughout the cruise which I have also posted.

So, what to do, what to do on the first full day on the ship? If you are an early riser, a small breakfast selection is available at the Oceanview Cafe (the buffet) at 6AM. The full buffet runs from 7AM to 10AM. There’s just about everything available at the buffet, from cold cuts and cheeses, to cereals and yogurts, to fruits and waffles, to all the classic breakfast items such as eggs, bacon, corned beef hash, a variety of sausages and more. There are made to order eggs and omelets, breads, pastries and more! The buffet is very well laid out, with the same items repeated in multiple stations throughout the area so you can self-select where to go based on where the crowds aren’t. This layout is significantly better than the traditional single or double line layout, although on days 1 or 2 everyone is still tentative and uncertain where to go so there are lots of opportunities to collide with fellow passengers. The biggest jam ups appear at the coffee, tea and beverage stations while people figure out how to push a button to dispense coffee – relax, you’re on vacation.

If you oversleep (past 10AM), there is always Bistro on 5 which serves a great selection of crepes including breakfast crepes all day, although there is a $5 cover per person. One can also go to Cafe al Bacio anytime for great cappuccinos or lattes and indulge in pastries there. At many times throughout the day, there is also some form of musical entertainment in that area. Read the updates in the Celebrity Daily for performance times.

A visit to the fitness center after breakfast is a great way to beginning trying to stay on a par with calorie intake. The fitness center is well equipped with treadmills, ellipticals, cycles, strength training equipment and more. There are also classes, mostly in the mornings but also sprinkled throughout the day. A very nice touch on the Equinox is a refrigerator in the fitness center with towels which offer a refreshing cool-down after a rigorous workout.

After a workout, wandering the ship and finding all it has to offer is a great idea.

The first night at sea is generally also the first formal night. Expect a very nice menu selection in the dining room and then the Captain’s toast, introduction of the staff and a late show.

A real center of activity throughout the ship is on Deck 3 in the main foyer. There is dancing here nightly - so don't miss it and come early if you want to get a seat.

I might add, that on day 2, sea day, there is the Connections Party for those that sign up for this event.

We had 4 ship's officers attend and speak. It was at 10:15 am and lasted 30 minutes. Everyone introduced themselves, just to get a face to our screen names.

Hi. Thanks for all the nice information and updates about this ship. We can't wait to go and enjoy our vacations. Can you tell me if there is any latin music on board. Did you get to see any latin group or any place where latin music was played?? Thanks for the infomation.

Hi. Thanks for all the nice information and updates about this ship. We can't wait to go and enjoy our vacations. Can you tell me if there is any latin music on board. Did you get to see any latin group or any place where latin music was played?? Thanks for the infomation.

Although not in abundance, the Equinox had one night of "The Music of Miami" in the Quasar and one Latin Dance Night in the Sky Lounge. I don't know if that is a regularly scheduled event since we actually also had a wonderful guest DJ who lit up the night with an eclectic mix - but I am sure is not part of the regular routine. There definitely was a dance night with the Celebrity Dancers which involved Salsa and other dances as well. It was a nice variety.

Archived