Beaches: Less Crowded, Non-AI

qcnc

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a beach recommendation (not AI, we'd rather get more authentic food in town since we're at the Langosta Pier anyways) and that avoids some of the cruise crowds (the pictures I've seen of Paradise Beach and Playa Mia look very very crowded). Any recommendations outside of the normal names on these boards (i.e. Nachi, Paradise, etc.)?

I agree with Palancar Beach. We were there on 2/14/12. Not crowded! $20 cab ride each way. The beach is further south but it is NOT a problem to get a cab back. The beach is beautiful and easy to find a private spot. It's by Palancar Reef. No charge to get to the beach. Friendly (not pushy) waiters if you want something to eat or drink. We are heading back to this beach when we are in Cozumel again. :cool:

Playa Palancar!! We go here everytime and have been totally spoiled. You may need water shoes when you first get in because of all the conch shells but other than that it is perfect.....I'm attaching a few pics from last May.

Love your pictures. You have me anxious to go back. We were at Nachi last month. It was VERY nice. But, I found myself wishing for Playa Palancar. I know that I didn't drink and eat enough to make my stay at Nachi worth it. Nachi had a beautiful pool area, but, I am a beach person and I really liked the beach and surrounding area better at Playa. When my two daughters and I were at Playa two years ago, we spent about $40 total for food and drink. As was mentioned by somebody else, entrance is free. Taxi ride is only $5 more to Playa as compared to Nachi. So, after I thought about it, $150 at Nachi's just doesn't compare (for MY family) to the $40 at Playa. That is why we are heading back to Playa.

Restrroms? Loungers? Umbrellas? Price of food and drink? Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes restrooms, loungers, tables with unbrellas all for no charge. Seems as though the last time they were offering umbrellas with loungers and a bucket of beer for a few bucks but we never use them. ALso, you can sit back up a few feet from the beach and it is very shady because of all the palm trees and there are plenty of chairs there. (My hubby usually sits up there while I lay in the sun) ALso they have those molded plastic loungers that you can take right in the water with you. No charge to use the beach but they probably hope you will at least buy a drink or two. Two of us eat a big lunch with appetizers (the fish tacos and guacamole are amazing) and a couple of VERY alcoholic drinks each-they are loaded-for about $40 with tip. We have never had a bad experience here.

Yes restrooms, loungers, tables with unbrellas all for no charge. Seems as though the last time they were offering umbrellas with loungers and a bucket of beer for a few bucks but we never use them. ALso, you can sit back up a few feet from the beach and it is very shady because of all the palm trees and there are plenty of chairs there. (My hubby usually sits up there while I lay in the sun) ALso they have those molded plastic loungers that you can take right in the water with you. No charge to use the beach but they probably hope you will at least buy a drink or two. Two of us eat a big lunch with appetizers (the fish tacos and guacamole are amazing) and a couple of VERY alcoholic drinks each-they are loaded-for about $40 with tip. We have never had a bad experience here.

Thanks this is great information.

• 4 months later...

Just returned and we ended up at Iberostar. Stopped at a few on the way and they were cheesy and crowded! Iberostar was spotless, staff friendly and food delicious!! It was $45 for a day pass.

The beach was a little rockier but they have a pier with stairs that you can by pass the rocks if you wanted. We enjoyed teh pool and swim up bar.

Archived