How far in advance?

PA Beachlovers

We are looking to book an 8 day cruise to the southern or eastern Caribbean late 2013 or early 2014 out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Question is how far out can these be booked, right now its April '13. I see some of the shorter cruises and the 8 day from NYC are available to book that far in advance.

They're slowly rolling out the schedule for that far in the future. If you're comfortable with the ES rules/restrictions, thats probably your best bet for booking and enjoying the price protection.

I would advise the opposite so far in advance .. book any other rate that is refundable and switch to ES before its goes away. Life happens. It came back to bite me, the no name changes.

I would advise the opposite so far in advance .. book any other rate that is refundable and switch to ES before its goes away. Life happens. It came back to bite me, the no name changes.

ES fare rate rises over time. Wouldn't one be missing out on the lowest possible fare if ES has gone up X number of dollars between now and the time they switch back to ES? Yes, I'm aware your BIL bailed on you or your sister stood you up or whatever it was that you were left holding the bag recently. Basically, when I book a cruise, the only thing that will prevent me from being on said cruise will be my demise.

We are looking to book an 8 day cruise to the southern or eastern Caribbean late 2013 or early 2014 out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Question is how far out can these be booked, right now its April '13. I see some of the shorter cruises and the 8 day from NYC are available to book that far in advance.

We have booked a cruise to Alaska on Carnival Miracle on 9/10/2013! I've never booked more than 500 days out before!:eek:

ES fare rate rises over time. Wouldn't one be missing out on the lowest possible fare if ES has gone up X number of dollars between now and the time they switch back to ES? Yes, I'm aware your BIL bailed on you or your sister stood you up or whatever it was that you were left holding the bag recently. Basically, when I book a cruise, the only thing that will prevent me from being on said cruise will be my demise.

We just learned a hard lesson about ES. Eleven of us booked the ES for our cruise 2 weeks ago. Two of our sons had their company close all locations in the state of Florida. Our sons had to reloacate to the Carolinas and it just happened to be the week of the cruise. Seven of us had to cancel and because we had ES, it cost $50 per person. Just sayin, we will probably only use ES when it is us cruisin by ourselves.

It will probably be at least 6 months until those dates are available, no reason to get in a hurry.

@Socref...I had to cancel my last cruise (booked ES) b/c my DGD had an ear infection. Since I am her primary caregiver and she was only 11 months old, the Carnival travel ins refunded me every penny (except for the cost of the ins, of course).

I am pretty sure there is a total refund clause if one of your party has a job issue.

Just sayin'

mimi

@Socref...I had to cancel my last cruise (booked ES) b/c my DGD had an ear infection. Since I am her primary caregiver and she was only 11 months old, the Carnival travel ins refunded me every penny (except for the cost of the ins, of course).

I am pretty sure there is a total refund clause if one of your party has a job issue.

Just sayin'

mimi

Thanks. The boys are cheap and didn't want the insurance. I guess they learned a hard lesson the hard way. We, and our other two sons, had a great time. Just wish the other seven could have been with us.

I want to book Alaska for September 2015, wish I could do it now. When it is available I will be ES and if for some crazy reason I have to cancel and lose $50 so be it. I imagine if something so bad happens that I have to cancel $50 is nothing. It's our anniversary cruise so I am pretty positive of the two people going!!!

Archived