Hotel Arlecchino in Venice

Baseball fan

Hi - I booked the Hotel Arlecchino based on the reviews on here and Trip Advisor. We are staying there 2 nights before we board our ship. We arrive on Thursday mid-day and will board our ship on Saturday. We plan on taking the bus from the airport (Marco Polo) to P Roma.

How many bridges will we need to cross to get to the hotel? Will I see the hotel from the bus stop? Which direction do I head if I cannot see it? I didn't find any really good maps online.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to returning to Venice!

Great directions! they'll certainly get you there !

I would just add that when you get off the bus, you'll be in the middle of a large square, surrounded by dozens of buses. To get your bearings, look for the treed area along the square. If you're facing the trees, look to the right and you'll probably see the sign for your hotel.

I highly recommend the ATVO airport express bus. It's like a greyhound bus with luggage storage underneath. 15-20 minute ride for 5E. It leaves at 20 and 50 past the hr. www.atvo.it

• 4 weeks later...
Hi - I booked the Hotel Arlecchino based on the reviews on here and Trip Advisor. We are staying there 2 nights before we board our ship. We arrive on Thursday mid-day and will board our ship on Saturday. We plan on taking the bus from the airport (Marco Polo) to P Roma.

How many bridges will we need to cross to get to the hotel? Will I see the hotel from the bus stop? Which direction do I head if I cannot see it? I didn't find any really good maps online.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to returning to Venice!

I am also booked at Hotel Arlecchino. When is your cruise?

We stayed at Arlecchino. Came by ACTV bus - it was included in the vaporetto pass las May, no more. And this bus has luggage area too, not just ATVO.

Anyway, we saw the hotel from the bus, but by the time the bus stopped, it disappeared :) On the left there are trees, sort of a park, we went there, after that a right turn. I asked somebody, and she pointed. There is a bridge so you go up and down stairs, but this is one of the newer bridges, low wide steps. There is also a set of steps down to the hotel. I walk with a cane, it was not difficult (without luggage).

Loved the location! Close to first Vap. stops for Grand Canal, you always get a seat :) Hotel was nice, and the breakfast... OMG! You will love it! There are 2 restaurants on both sides, don't remember the names, outside seating, good food.

Oh, and the hotel may not look like the photo they posted. We were looking for bright red flowers, guess what, they didn't plant them last year!

We stayed at Arlecchino. Came by ACTV bus - it was included in the vaporetto pass las May, no more. And this bus has luggage area too, not just ATVO.

Anyway, we saw the hotel from the bus, but by the time the bus stopped, it disappeared :) On the left there are trees, sort of a park, we went there, after that a right turn. I asked somebody, and she pointed. There is a bridge so you go up and down stairs, but this is one of the newer bridges, low wide steps. There is also a set of steps down to the hotel. I walk with a cane, it was not difficult (without luggage).

Loved the location! Close to first Vap. stops for Grand Canal, you always get a seat :) Hotel was nice, and the breakfast... OMG! You will love it! There are 2 restaurants on both sides, don't remember the names, outside seating, good food.

Oh, and the hotel may not look like the photo they posted. We were looking for bright red flowers, guess what, they didn't plant them last year!

Good to hear you loved the location, but did you like the hotel itself? Were the room okay?

This is from my report posted on another travel website:

The Arlecchino hotel was fairly easy to find, only had to ask once. There is one bridge from P. Roma where the airport bus stops – low wide steps, easy to manage the luggage. Many people, especially the older ladies, have shopping bags on large wheels that they just drag over the steps, not afraid the wheels will fall off!

Never thought it would be possible to find a hotel room smaller than a cruise ship cabin. The bed was rock hard, I kept thinking of people with bad backs – how they sleep on hard surfaces on doctors’ orders. The water pressure in the shower was great, meaning water on the floor after shower; there was no shower curtain of course. My husband looked into the restroom and said: look, we have 2 toilets! Yes, first meeting with the bidet smiley.gif No shampoo provided, one shower cap, 2 shower gels not replaced in 3 days. The view was nice, on one of the side canals, bridge, and what not. The room and the whole hotel were very clean.

Not all floors are accessible by lift. I saw people walking up, and even a couple carrying a stroller probably to the 1st floor (that is above the ground floor, equivalent of floor 2 in the US). The breakfast was so good, I would stay there again just for it! Breads and pastries on the tables with white table cloth, coffee in individual small white coffee pots is brought to the table, everything else is buffet style – cheese, cold cuts, eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices.

If you want to read the rest it's here:

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/there-are-no-venetian-blinds-in-venice-report-and-photo-link.cfm

Oh dear... We're staying at Hotel Arlecchino one night prior to the cruise and 1 night post cruise. I booked it because of its proximity to the bus stop and the port. I know it's a 3 star hotel and there is a difference between Europe and the US in terms of what we can expect from a 3 star hotel. I'm preparing myself not to panic when I see the small room and lousy bathroom. The good thing is that we'll be at the hotel only to sleep. I got a good price (for Venice any way) because I booked it awhile ago on line and paid for the non-refundable room.

This is from my report posted on another travel website:

The Arlecchino hotel was fairly easy to find, only had to ask once. There is one bridge from P. Roma where the airport bus stops – low wide steps, easy to manage the luggage. Many people, especially the older ladies, have shopping bags on large wheels that they just drag over the steps, not afraid the wheels will fall off!

Never thought it would be possible to find a hotel room smaller than a cruise ship cabin. The bed was rock hard, I kept thinking of people with bad backs – how they sleep on hard surfaces on doctors’ orders. The water pressure in the shower was great, meaning water on the floor after shower; there was no shower curtain of course. My husband looked into the restroom and said: look, we have 2 toilets! Yes, first meeting with the bidet smiley.gif No shampoo provided, one shower cap, 2 shower gels not replaced in 3 days. The view was nice, on one of the side canals, bridge, and what not. The room and the whole hotel were very clean.

Not all floors are accessible by lift. I saw people walking up, and even a couple carrying a stroller probably to the 1st floor (that is above the ground floor, equivalent of floor 2 in the US). The breakfast was so good, I would stay there again just for it! Breads and pastries on the tables with white table cloth, coffee in individual small white coffee pots is brought to the table, everything else is buffet style – cheese, cold cuts, eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices.

If you want to read the rest it's here:

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/there-are-no-venetian-blinds-in-venice-report-and-photo-link.cfm

Thank you so much for your review.

Can anyone comment on the AC at the Hotel Arlecchino? We are there in June and are hoping we can get the room cool. They state that there is AC but wondering how well it works:rolleyes:

Also, we have a triple and quad room. I hope they are a bit bigger so we can at least move around and get to the bathroom without tripping. Anyone been in a triple or quad room?

We stayed at the Arlecchino pre cruise last October. We stayed in room 907. There is one small bridge with about 15 steps up and down. We had 2 large and 2 small suitcases and found it to be a challange but the locals were very friendly and gave me a hand. The front door to the hotel is right across a small canal. When we were heading to the boat we brought all our suitcases to the very small lobby and took only 2 across to Pizzale Roma. I left my wife with the suitcases while I went to get the others, much easier. The desk clerk was Marco and he was very polite and friendly. We went up in the smallest elevator I have ever seen to the 3rd floor, went down a short hallway then up a flight of stairs. The bellhop brought our luggage up so that wasn't a problem. The room was small with a very small bathroom. If I was trying to stand up at the toilet, my butt would be in the sink. The bidet was on one side and the small tub was on the other side of the toilet. It was very humid when we were there and asked about the AC. We were told no AC, it's fall. We had the window open all night but with no screens on the window, we got some mosquito bites. The hotel was a reasonable price, very convient to the port and had a nice breakfast. Even with our problems with the room, if I go back to Venice, I may stay there again. I'll just know what to expect.

They did have AC units in the room. The one in our room was up near the ceiling and you needed the remote to turn it on.

Any idea when the hotel turns the AC on? Is it only June, July and August?

Archived