Sergeant's Cay Snorkel Excursion??

sunlover2

You must have liked it as you did it 2 times :). Did you see alot of fish? Or was it more coral? How was it run? Also, where is it exactly that you went to snuba. How much time do you actually snuba for? Any other input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks~

Sorry!!!!!!!!!! Wrong excursion....thought this was the response to my snuba question!!! Meant to ask how the snorkeling was. Did you see alot of fish vs. coral? How much snorkeling time? Did you make any stops to a beach afterwards? Any input appreciated!!

They picked us up from the ship and took us to their island. There everyone was outfitted with snorkel equipment. (We had our own). They have a gift shop, a place to eat, and bathrooms here. They also have overnight cabins.

From there we were taken out into the ocean to snorkel. They are very concerned with safety. This excursion is owned by Texans. You can google their web site and see pictures. We saw a lot of coral and quite a few fish. The waves were high and it was really rough going.

After the snorkel we went back to their island and then back to the ship. There was no beach time.

We loved the beauty of the ocean. There is something about the water around Belize that is just awesome. We also really liked the crew members.

The only bad part was trying to snorkel with large waves.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the excursion is ran by Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventure Lodge. Hugh Parkey and his wife were avid scuba divers from Texas. They started this island dive center years ago. He has since died, but his wife still runs it.

Google Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventure Lodge and you will see pictures of where we snorkeled.

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know if this excursion to Sergeant's Caye is offered without booking through the cruise lines?

I did an extensive search looking the a non ship sponsored excursion & I couldn't find one. The tour company that takes you owns the island, I found out later.

I did an extensive search looking the a non ship sponsored excursion & I couldn't find one. The tour company that takes you owns the island' date=' I found out later.[/quote']

Thanks, I couldn't seem to find it separately either. They must have a contract specifically with the ship.

Thanks, I couldn't seem to find it separately either. They must have a contract specifically with the ship.

I thought I read some where that Carnival doesn't allow any of their passengers to independently book a tour that they offer, and if they're picking you up directly from the ship, there isn't even a chance of lying and telling them you're from a different line/hotel.

Archived