Celebrity and Captains Club Tier Credits

localknowledge

When reviewing the T & C's on Celebrity's Captains Club site I have found the following:

****Tier Credits

Celebrity Cruises makes it possible to earn up to three Captain's Club tier credits per sailing: earn one credit by sailing with Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Cruises (effective January 1, 2011, Captain's Club tier credits can only be earned by sailing with Celebrity Cruises); earn one credit by sailing on an itinerary of 12-nights or longer, including Cruisetours (effective January 1, 2003); and earn one credit by sailing in a Concierge Class stateroom, AquaClass® stateroom, or Suite (effective January 1, 2004).****

Wanted other members advice about taking cruises with Celebrity that are say 1 or 2 nights duration? I saw a short getaway cruise coming up and was wondering whether they would credit me with Tier credits for such a cruise. I cannot see anything in the T & C's which identifies a limiting factor such as minimum number of nights, so can't see why it would be an issue.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts/experiences :)

When reviewing the T & C's on Celebrity's Captains Club site I have found the following:

****Tier Credits

Celebrity Cruises makes it possible to earn up to three Captain's Club tier credits per sailing: earn one credit by sailing with Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Cruises (effective January 1, 2011, Captain's Club tier credits can only be earned by sailing with Celebrity Cruises); earn one credit by sailing on an itinerary of 12-nights or longer, including Cruisetours (effective January 1, 2003); and earn one credit by sailing in a Concierge Class stateroom, AquaClass® stateroom, or Suite (effective January 1, 2004).****

Wanted other members advice about taking cruises with Celebrity that are say 1 or 2 nights duration? I saw a short getaway cruise coming up and was wondering whether they would credit me with Tier credits for such a cruise. I cannot see anything in the T & C's which identifies a limiting factor such as minimum number of nights, so can't see why it would be an issue.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts/experiences :)

We sailed Eclipse the week before last and asked this SAME question while we were at the Future Cruise desk. The answer is YES you will get 1 credit for a 2-night cruise. We booked the Jan 19, 2013 sailing of Connie (a 2-nighter) in a Concierge stateroom. That 2-night cruise gets us 2 cruise credits. We asked and re-asked the Future Cruise Consultant to make sure this was the case before we booked it.

Okay thanks for your responses. I saw a 1 night cruise coming up and figure the same should apply as nothing on the Celebrity site suggests anything different. Would still take the cruise regardless of being credited or not. Although won't be making a habit of the 'short cruises' as I prefer the ones that are 12+ nights.

Thanks again!

Archived