Face Primer

Corvette Girl

There was a thread on this once before.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1375040&highlight=face+primer

Here's what someone else recommended. I was not impressed the first time I used it but now I use it everyday. It's super cheap and can be found at drug stores like CVS. Never had a problem finding it like some did.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1375040&highlight=face+primer

I like Urban Decay's "De-Slick" and "All Nighter". I have oily skin, and De-Slick is great for setting my makeup for all day. The All Nighter works well for shorter periods of time.

They also make an Eyeshadow Primer Potion that's amazing - your eyeshadow will last for ages. I don't use this during the day, but if I want to go for a dramatic look at night with darker eyeshadow, it will really set the color and even make the color a bit richer.

I personally don't like using it all over my face for everyday. I will use it for special occasions (weddings etc). I do like to use it for my eyelids though as by the end of the day I can get "creasing" in the eyelid. Urban Decay eyelid primer for eyes and Smashbox for full face (when I use it).

• 5 months later...
I see the item Face Primer mentioned a lot in the necessities list in the makeup thread. What is it, was does it do, and what brand do you use?

Bare Minerals is nice, your makeup stays on well with it and if you're adverse to being oily it will prevent that too.

Just be careful with powder makeup application over primer because if applied just slightly too heavily it can give a cakey look.

I've used DHC's Velvet Skin Coat for years. I love it!

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=178&Kwrd=dhc%20velvet%20skin%20coat%22%22&MatchId=2&OrgID=1&gclid=CN6AmdWo4LECFQRrKgodhVoAtg

Most days I don't need to wear foundation, just a dab of this stuff keeps the shine away, makes my face appear more even.

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=178&Kwrd=dhc%20velvet%20skin%20coat%22%22&MatchId=2&OrgID=1&gclid=CN6AmdWo4LECFQRrKgodhVoAtg

Most days I don't need to wear foundation, just a dab of this stuff keeps the shine away, makes my face appear more even.

Second vote for DHC! I've tried several others brands: Benefit, Smashbox, Laura Mercier, and Bare Minerals. This one works the best on me. Makeup goes on much smoother, and it takes less foundation to cover. Pores are so much smaller looking, and lines are less apparent.

I'll have to try a few listed. I've tried 3 different primers and didn't really like them. At first they seemed ok (all bought at Sephora) but then they didn't really provide what I was looking for. The latest one was from Dr. Brandt. I use Dr. Brandt's other skincare products and love them. The primer which is the Pores No More initially seemed great but in a couple of hours made no difference and even seemed to come through my makeup even though I used very little.

I use both primer, which i typically use photofinish primer or the revlon tinted primer and then bb cream. I use either Skin79 super gold and pink or legere on top of the primer. I typically get best results when I use both instead of just one both help to cover my pores, skin coloration issues and freckles along with any blemishes. I then take some finishing spray and spray overtop to give a almost all day dewy soft glow.

I've used this, too. It is very nice and does the job. I have just switched to a Sephora product which is also good and less expensive. So far, so good. ;)

Even at 47, I still have very oily skin. I've tried different face primers and all of them caused more break outs than not wearing any. Because my skin is so oily, my eyelids are as well. Not only did eye shadow crease within an hour, it faded to nothing as the day went on. I use Too Faced eyelid primer and love it. It even allows for wearing really cheap eye shadows and they stay on too.

I would like to find something that helps minimize my pores mainly around & on my nose.

Archived