Looking at Bermuda on the Star

Decpl

Hi all, wife and I looking to do May/June on the Star. We usually perfer Princess , but we love the itinerary of the Star Anyone can shed some light on the Star, as to food, shows and amount of children. How crowed are the pools We are also looking at the Veendam at well. Anyone been on both?

Thanks in Advance, Kand J :D

Hi all, wife and I looking to do May/June on the Star. We usually perfer Princess , but we love the itinerary of the Star Anyone can shed some light on the Star, as to food, shows and amount of children. How crowed are the pools We are also looking at the Veendam at well. Anyone been on both?

Hello, I was born and raised in Wilmington DE:)

The star is a nice ship. There are lots of reviews you can look at. I am sailing on the Star to Bermuda in Late May. We chose the star for a few reasons...

I love freestyle cruises. We love the suites, and an aft view. We both enjoy the food at Cagney's, La Cuccina, Le Bistro and dh loves the buffett. In May there will not be many kids on the ship as schools are still open. The prices are also better in May. The pool I find is a bit small and is equal to the veendam in size.There are plenty of hot tubs:rolleyes:. I am not a HAL fan, because the ships activites are not my cup of tea, pools and hot tubs close at 7, and the dining and dress are structured. Some like it, but it is not for me.

Good luck and happy planning!

We've been on Veendam and Dawn (sister ship of star). We really like Veendam because the ship dock in Hamilton which is close to everything and you get an extra day in Bermuda. The pool on Veendam is not crowd at all. The MDR on Veendam is better than NCL but we like the specialty restaurant on NCL. I like the cabin on Veendam better we got the OV and it's a lot bigger the NCL balcony.

Archived