Will I recieve new Welcome Book/Luggage Tags if I upgraded?

ryty44

Hi, I am wondering if anyone know if I should expect a new "Welcome Aboard" booklet, that contains luggage tags with my stateroom in it if I upgraded my room and have a new cabin assignment? Just curious if I need new luggage tags? Will they be sent automatically? We are cruising on the Jewel on 3/24 and decided to upgrade from a balcony to a minisuite which changed our deck assignment.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone know if I should expect a new "Welcome Aboard" booklet, that contains luggage tags with my stateroom in it if I upgraded my room and have a new cabin assignment? Just curious if I need new luggage tags? Will they be sent automatically? We are cruising on the Jewel on 3/24 and decided to upgrade from a balcony to a minisuite which changed our deck assignment.

No, just cross out the old cabin number on the luggage tags you received and write the new one. On our first cruise I upgraded to a mini-suite about 5 weeks before the cruise. I just crossed our the old cabin number with a Sharpie and wrote the new one in. We had no problems getting our luggage.

Theres an option to print out any missing or if needed extra tags from the NCL site. I did that when i upgraded. They print out with your new number, or you can just write it in as another poster suggested. One drawback is that they would be regular paper and can tear off at the dock. So put them in a couple of places on your bag.

Or you can make your own.

I do some graphic design work for a living and make my own luggage tags that are pretty indestructible :p

No, just cross out the old cabin number on the luggage tags you received and write the new one. On our first cruise I upgraded to a mini-suite about 5 weeks before the cruise. I just crossed our the old cabin number with a Sharpie and wrote the new one in. We had no problems getting our luggage.

Better yet just print the new luggage tags on MyNCL

Better yet just print the new luggage tags on MyNCL

Yeah I thought of doing that but was too lazy to reinforce them so just changed the original which is what my PCC suggested. Using a black sharpie it completely covered the other number then I didn't have to remember to bring tape, stapler whatever to secure the flimsy paper ones.

Yeah I thought of doing that but was too lazy to reinforce them so just changed the original which is what my PCC suggested. Using a black sharpie it completely covered the other number then I didn't have to remember to bring tape, stapler whatever to secure the flimsy paper ones.

Contrary to everything posted here there is no need to reinforce. Folded as directed they are not flimsy. They are on with a few staples for the life of the suitcase unless you remove them.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Contrary to everything posted here there is no need to reinforce. Folded as directed they are not flimsy. They are on with a few staples for the life of the suitcase unless you remove them.

The ones printed from the site would just be paper. Wouldn't they rip pretty easily?

I believe the ones that come in the packet are paper too...just with sticky on the back but still just paper.

The ones I received for our last cruise were sturdier than paper. They pulled apart easily if you pulled on the part stuck together but didn't rip anywhere else. Kind of a plasticy paper.

Update: Had some left over from the cruise and just tried to rip them and couldn't. Much stronger than those you could print from home unless you printed on special paper.

The ones I received for our last cruise were sturdier than paper. They pulled apart easily if you pulled on the part stuck together but didn't rip anywhere else. Kind of a plasticy paper.

Update: Had some left over from the cruise and just tried to rip them and couldn't. Much stronger than those you could print from home unless you printed on special paper.

Not saying the paper is stronger but more the strong enough. I put them on in Heathrow airport, onto a coach, off the coach onto the ship, off the ship into a cab, into the airport, onto the plane, off the plane to the carousel, into the car trunk, and finally home. No issue

The only caution for reusing tags is if your new cabin is forward and the old aft there may be a delay. They should still get there.

Archived