Can you change dining time AFTER the boat has sailed??

Winyf

Quick question... We are looking to cruise in the next couple of months and will be taking our 2 1/2 year old DD (her first cruise). We usually do late seating but with her, it'll be too late. I LOVE having the same waiter every evening, so I would like to stick with traditional dining rather than ATD. My question is, if we book early seating and find that it doesn't work a couple of days in, can we change to ATD??

THANK YOU ahead of time!!

Quick question... We are looking to cruise in the next couple of months and will be taking our 2 1/2 year old DD (her first cruise). We usually do late seating but with her, it'll be too late. I LOVE having the same waiter every evening, so I would like to stick with traditional dining rather than ATD. My question is, if we book early seating and find that it doesn't work a couple of days in, can we change to ATD??

No...that is not an option...what you choose is what u keep...u can get the same waitstaff each night with anytime dining...

They will switch you if anytime is not completely sold out..if I were you, I would switch to anytime now if it is still avail. and just go at the earliest time. and some nights if it works for you go a little bit later..no guarantee of the same section or waiters though....as you stated

Thanks so much! Have you done ATD before?? I imagine its like going to the dining room for lunch or breakfast....
It's nothing like that. We have done ATD for practically all of our cruises, and have always been able to have the best of both worlds - the same wait staff at the time when we want to eat. What we do is check out the dining team we are assigned to the first night, and if we enjoy them (and feel that they have given us service above and beyond), then we request them for the rest of the cruise. If we get to the dining room and our team is not available, we usually take a pager and go have a couple of cocktails.

I think that early will be good for you and your family, but only you and your husband can be the judge of that.

Best of luck figuring this out!

Great input. Thank you!! Our DD is pretty well behaved...for the most part...as long as we arent sitting there for 2 hours. I just want the wait staff to be prepared to have a 2 year old at their table. Otherwise, ATD sounds like it might be what we need. Thanks again everyone.

You can have the same waiter every night with ATD. The odds of being able to change to ATD are pretty slim, that is rapidly becoming the most sought after dining time.

Archived