Is Caracas no longer a stop for the Golden?

dog

I've been reading several reviews from those who have cruised on the Golden Princess over the last 4 months and see that Margarita Island is being substituted for Caracas.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change or why this has been happening.

We'll be on this ship next spring break.

When we booked, we thought we were going to Margarita Island, but our itinerary says we're going to La Guaira. One of the travel books we've got says that La Guaira is the port for Caracas, but that it's 40 miles away. We're sailing on December 17, 2005.

I, too, am confused about this because the Princess web site says La Guaira for our January 2006 sailing, but the Golden seems to stop at Margarita Island all the time. I don't want to make a bunch of plans for Caracus and then be disappointed. I would actually prefer Margarita Island but don't want to assume anything. Any info or educated guesses would be appreciated.

Seems Bush and the President of Venezuela are not best of friends at the moment. Since they I think are #5 in oil production and the US buys a bunch it may be this that’s causing the problems. Also could be the money Venezuela is spending on arms at the moment. They are cash flush. So why would one want to stop there you have to ask yourself?

I am interested too if this will be a permanent change in the itinerary. I'm doing a Back to Back on the Golden Princess 4/22/06 to 5/6/06. I'll be on the Southern Caribbean route the first week. I don't want to make a lot of plans either until I know if it is Caracas or Margarita Isl..........Karen

Archived