My TA just asked for $400 deposit..

ISLABONITA

I know how you feel!

But everyone has to pay some in advance since most cruiselines demands it.

I paied 5714 us dollars right on booking, only becouse my bf had it saved.

Since We live in Sweden we were wooried that the dollar would go up and change the price all the time.

From the first day I looked at this trip until the day of booking it it went up almost 1000 us dollars. All in one week...

So we paid fast to avoid any other price/currency changes.

I'm so happy we're already paid and done with it so we now can save up for the excursions, pocketmoney and so on.

Have a lovely cruise!!!!

/sandra

A deposit of $200-250 per person is normal. If you have to cancel prior to the final payment, your deposit will be refunded to you. It is best to pay by credit card, if you have any problems (if you should have to cancel), the credit card company can intervene for you.

Read your cruise contract, the brochure and any invoice very carefully.

You don't say what cruiseline or destination. Make sure you know the requirements for documentation (passport) as legislation has changed and you will need a passport for Caribbean travel by the end of this year.

Have fun planning your cruise!

I just had to put down a $600 deposit, but its a 10-day cruise, so I think your fine with your $400 deposit. Hey, pay now or pay later, that's how I look at it.

Enjoy your cruise.

I had to put $750 down for our Disney Cruise. 3 people at $250 per for 7 day cruise. Only had to put down $200 for RCI as it was under 7 days and only for 2 people at $100 per. Depends on the line, but it sounds about right.

I booked with a deposit of $25.00 per person down. OK_ it was a group cruise hosted by Cruise critic -but If I had to put down a hefty deposit each time there will be no way i can book cruises. I have been make weekly payments since 2001.

The amount of the deposit depends on two things-the cruise line and the length of the cruise. The TA doesn't set the amount of the deposit, the cruise line does. All deposits are refundable until the final payment.

Archived