Cruise price dropped, Carnival won't give refund or OBC

Cruisin Suzy

Interesting because booking that far in advance would keep me from ES because too often things change.

Your logic is exactly why we book ES every time. If the price goes up, we are protected at the lowest rate. If it goes down, up to 2 days prior to sailing, we are given the discount. So far, on our Conquest cruise in April, we are up to $210 OBC as a result of price drops. Only once in 5 cruises that we booked with ES has the price actually gone up rendering us no OBC. However, we were happy because by booking ES we got the Victory 6B for $900 total for both of us. I was ok with that :D

Thank you for all the responses so far. Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that I don't like it (although of course would like OB credit more), but it just seems a bit strange that we didn't qualify as early saver because we got the past guest discount. I can understand booking to late for the early saver timeline of at least 5 months and not getting the early saver price savings, but that is not the case with us as we booked 10 months ago. Seems if Carnival wants to keep past guests, they should offer them that lower price in the beginning with the price drop protection (not chose between the lowest price of past guest and early saver). My relatives that booked after us and have never travelled before essentially are now paying less for their cruise!

this makes me think.. did your TA tell you the rates? and if so, she/he may have just told you that because they did not want to deal with the ES as it does have many restrictions, but also, means less commission to them when you do get a price adjustment and more work for them because you have to go thru your TA for anything relating to your cruise.

Have a great cruise anyways.. :) and it's a chance we all take. I book my airline/cruise when i feel the rate is what i want to pay. I don't like going back and look at my airfare because IF it happen to drop, then poop, i payed more. but more times than not, it goes up. it's a roll of the dice when ever you purchase something

Your logic is exactly why we book ES every time. If the price goes up, we are protected at the lowest rate. If it goes down, up to 2 days prior to sailing, we are given the discount. So far, on our Conquest cruise in April, we are up to $210 OBC as a result of price drops. Only once in 5 cruises that we booked with ES has the price actually gone up rendering us no OBC. However, we were happy because by booking ES we got the Victory 6B for $900 total for both of us. I was ok with that :D

lucky you, this cruise was our FIRST price drop (believe me i check EVERY day) lol.. it was only 40 total, but hey, an extra drink each for the 3 of us lol

It sucks, I agree... but it's one of those "cant have it both ways" situations.

ES has a bunch of restrictions, but if you are OK with that, then you get the possibility of OBC.

You booked PG, which has very little restrictions. Unfrtunately, you also dont get OBC past final payment date.

I totally feel for you - my family of 5 is booked in 2 cabins and the fares recently came way down. We'd have received about 600$ in OBC. But, we are PG.. So we get no OBC (wasnt interested in an upgrade, we have an extended balcony). Win some, loose some :rolleyes:

The good thing is: OBC or not, we get to go on a cruise !!! :D

Question!

It sounds like the best solution here was to book the ES rate, then immediately apply for the price protection at the Past Guest rate. If you do that, does your reservation change to Past Guest now? Or are you still booked at ES and can continue to submit for price protections?

I would get a new TA or go direct

Book es and then immediately ask for a price deduction to past guest rate

Btw I did get some relief about 14 mos ago

Did past guest , paid final and the price went down with a nice obc , not on ccl. But on. Well known online site

At first they said.nothing can be done but when I persisted about it and threw in ta were Not suppOsed to sell lower they relented and gave me a nice upgrade

Archived