Statement Necklaces

Laurie, do you have a favorite Etsy vendor?

I ordered a necklace that from the store I linked to in my original post on this thread, but I haven't received it yet so I can't vouch for their quality. I'll let you all know what I think when I receive it.

As of yet, I don't have one favorite vendor...I am liking some things and not others. May vendors definitely have a distinct style, such as mostly pearl bridal neclaces.

I am keeping an eye on the vendor's ratings. I first learned of Etsy through a close high school friend of mine that I got in touch with again through Facebook. She weaves and knits, and sells her items through Etsy. When I was disappointed with the selection and cost in stores, I decided to check Etsy. I am very pleased with the variety.

I can't wait to get my necklaces also. I will be sure to post back here and let you know how they are, and if I order more. I definitely plan to.

TNGALOHA, those are really nice pieces you made! They'll be perfect for your next cruise. I really want to take a beading class.

Laurie, I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews on the Etsy shops.

I still haven't received my necklace. It did say up to 4 weeks for delivery since the vendor is in Asia. I'll start worrying in a couple of weeks.

Alrana, I'm getting an "Uh oh" message from Etsy when I try your link. That happens sometimes, so I'll try again tomorrow.

TNGALOHA, those are really nice pieces you made! They'll be perfect for your next cruise. I really want to take a beading class.

I still haven't received my necklace. It did say up to 4 weeks for delivery since the vendor is in Asia. I'll start worrying in a couple of weeks.

Alrana, I'm getting an "Uh oh" message from Etsy when I try your link. That happens sometimes, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I get computer ditzy at times. www.etsy.com/shop/mountainstotheseaNC

Thats the correct link. sorry about that

I received an email from the Etsy vendor saying that the necklace was returned by customs due to an incomplete customs form. Oh well, things happen. So it will be about another 3-4 weeks before I receive it.

Marguerite-a-ville, Thank you for the compliment. I have been having a lot of fun making the jewelry. I have never had a beading class. I basically have just been doing a lot of research online and teaching myself. So far I am just doing the basic styles and maybe later I will go to a class to learn the more difficult styles. :rolleyes:

Gotta master this first then on to bigger and better.;)

I decided to take a look over at Etsy today, and I fell in love with a number of necklaces. For formal night, I have a long brown satin gown with a sweetheart neckline, and I was looking for something special to wear with it. What I choose will depend on whether I'm chosing by heart or brain, lol. (in other words, there is a price difference.)

Love the 'last' one - lovely but not too 'bridal' and I think it would look great with a brown dress!- hope it's not the 'expensive' one? :D

Whenever people post photos of their dresses, bathing suits or jewelry, I turn green with envy.

We just don't have this much shopping possibilities here in Scandinavia :mad:

Don't feel bad, I can shop 20 miles away, just couldn't put an outfit together as nicely as these ladies do. Wish they lived near me so I could get their help.

Great necklaces but I love the black and white and the turquoise one the best. I am sort of looking for something to add to a black and white dress and seem to be leaning to the turquoise too.

Almost had one at an auction last night but alas it went too high for me! LOL

That is extremely unique Mips, I like it!

Thank you, I love making chain maille, it keeps my hands busy and not around other peoples throats :cool: It also helps pay a little of the vet bills for the rescues.

As long as it's not a chain maille dress on formal night. We've all seen those pictures floating around these boards, lol.

I've got a few things to take care of in the next week or so, but I plan to order some new necklaces from Etsy very soon. I found a few really cute things at JC Penney today as well. Can't wait to go back and buy them!

As long as it's not a chain maille dress on formal night. We've all seen those pictures floating around these boards, lol.

I've got a few things to take care of in the next week or so, but I plan to order some new necklaces from Etsy very soon. I found a few really cute things at JC Penney today as well. Can't wait to go back and buy them!

;) Oh that's what that dress was styled from? Hmm... now that's a thought. I think it's too late for me to join that craze, but I do like what Mips created.

Laura, I head that JCP had some cute items, excited for you.

LOL I once made a chain maille bach bag out of aluminium, but it weighs 5 pounds all on its own, so its become a overnight bag its too heavy to pack to fly but it sure looks great :)

As for chain maille dresses I have never seen anyone that they look great on, and they never cover enough. Now a man in chain maille armour who can stand up and walk in it I am always interested in seeing him without it on ;) :D :eek:

Archived