Statement Necklaces

mips- As long as those chain maile necklaces aren't too heavy I would like them too! Something to look out for as I shop

cactus- love your beaded necklaces...just my style

I would love to make my own but by the time you buy the supplies and a few tools it is less expensive to buy them all made LOL:D

mips- As long as those chain maile necklaces aren't too heavy I would like them too! Something to look out for as I shop

cactus- love your beaded necklaces...just my style

I would love to make my own but by the time you buy the supplies and a few tools it is less expensive to buy them all made LOL:D

I mostly work in aluminium so that they are not too heavy.

I too love those necklaces Cactus, so much work went into them

I slipped into Kohls today and found what I think is the perfect necklace for one of my dresses. The Dress is black and with white polka dots and I was thinking of accessorizing with pink... sadly it's not on their website so that you can see a picture

Unfortunately it was only 30% off right now and I am not sure about the length. If you want to see my dress it is on my PINTREST board. I think I want something close to the neck to sort of fill in the neckline but the necklace I like is longer. How do you decide long or shorter with your necklaces?

Cookie, its really easy to make necklaces shorter, if they have a chain. If you go to a bead store they might even do it for you, but if you dont have one locally go to Micheals or Hobby Lobby et al. You can find tiny split rings put them on the side of the chain that the clasp fastens to at the right length and clip the clasp to the split ring, Mostly you wont even be able to tell that one side is longer than the other once on. The beauty of the split rings is that you can change the length until you get it perfect.

I like my necklaces to fill in my neckline for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to put in a plug for Sam Moon. We have the warehouse sized stores in Texas, but they also have a great on-line presence. Tons of fun costume jewelry pieces and handbags. I have a turquoise and crystal round pendant that I wear with a silver choker (sadly I do not see the pendant on their website) that strangers come up to ask me about. I even had one gentlemen tell me how much he loved my necklace, and that he had learned to appreciate fine jewelry when he lived in Italy. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the pendant and choker cost a grand total of $11 at Sam Moon. They even have a "statement necklaces" page.

www.sammoon.com

I am totally spoiled by having Sam Moon stores here in the Dallas area. I have a ton of fun costume jewelery, holiday jewelery, purses, sparkly cocktail purses, belts, and tiaras.

Tiaras are a lot of fun to wear around the house! Young girls love them too because they are the epitome of "Princess."

It is such fun to buy something new then head to Sam Moon for the perfect necklace and/or bracelet. The best part is that I am happy to travel with these items since they are so inexpensive.

Archived