Sailing to Belize on 4/18/12-Rummors that Carnival is not stopping?

riquohog

Hi, We were looking forward to visiting Belize to zip-line and cave tube w,VIV Tours. I read some rumors that the Carnival shpps are skipping this port and substituting w/ Costa Maya?

If so, how much lead time is given to cancel plans and make new ones for a new port call?:confused:

Hi, We were looking forward to visiting Belize to zip-line and cave tube w,VIV Tours. I read some rumors that the Carnival shpps are skipping this port and substituting w/ Costa Maya?

If so, how much lead time is given to cancel plans and make new ones for a new port call?:confused:

Why don't you check your itinerary and see if this is the case??

We were on the Liberty 2 weeks ago and we stopped in Belize.

To do both the cave tubing and ziplining leave the ship as soon as possible, it is a long haul to the area that they use. If it is a ship sponsored tour you should be good.

Have read that there are a lot of ships in Belize on some days so the port gets full and they send ships elsewhere like Costa Maya. If this was the case, they should have changed your itinerary by now. I would think that by mid-April the congestion would slow down as some ships will start transatlantic repositioning if they haven't already.

Its no rumor they cancelled our stop to balize on the feb 4th sailing of the carnival Glory and replaced it with costa maya .. I found out about a month ahead of time but the itinerary wasnt changed till about two weeks befor sale date .. The reason was there was two many ships in port that day ..

I was reading another thread about the possible Belize change.

I have checked the ships itinerary and it still shows the Belize stop as scheduled.

Another poster mentioned that they found out a month prior to sailing but the official itinerary wasn't posted until 2 weeks before?

How does one find this info besides the cruise line's official site?

Also, how can I find out how many ships will be in a port on a particular day?

Thanks!:cool:

Its no rumor they cancelled our stop to balize on the feb 4th sailing of the carnival Glory and replaced it with costa maya .. I found out about a month ahead of time but the itinerary wasnt changed till about two weeks befor sale date .. The reason was there was two many ships in port that day ..

I found a chart. On Feb 4, 4 ships were due that day.

On the date OP listed, if it was the 18th, the chart says Glory and Crown Princess due. On 19th, 2 ships.

Archived