POA specialty restaurants

sportsmum

Honest, I tried searching. I am buggy eyed now.

I remember reading that there is a restaurant that does a sampling on the first night. Could you tell me which one it is, please?

Also, yes this is subjective, any ideas on which nights are best to book the specialty restaurants?

Lastly, I also remember reading that one of the MDR's was a bit better (prob atmosphere) than the other. Which one was that, please?

Thanks!!

We sailed on the POA in early December. The $15 specialty restaurant sampler dinner is the first night in Le Bistro. It is listed in the newsletter. We made reservations at the front desk when we got on board.

On Wednesday, the specialty restuarants have a lobster special for an additional charge on top of the regular specialty restaurant charge. We tried East Meets West on Wed and I loved the lobster special.

The menu in the main dining rooms are the same, but the atmosphere is quieter, less casual and the service was far better in the Liberty. Skyline is a zoo and had waits at peak times plus people wear shorts and flip flops to dinner.

Here is a link to my review of our trip http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1535362

Have a wonderful vacation.

You will have a great vacation. I just read this new review and realized the french specialty restaurant is named Jefferson's Bistro on the POA. It is called Le Bistro on all the other NCL ships. You won't have any trouble finding it. This reviewer did the sampler night too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1583926

Jefferson's Bistro is amazing! They do make some of their dishes a bit differently from the rest of the fleet because of the "American ship" thing but it is a fantastic experience.

I agree with this statement 100%.

Show some serious indecision between two entrees and dion't be surprised when they bring you both!

Yes first night Jefferson's Bistro Highly recommend.

And Ryan will gladly talk you into it on the right side of the guest services desk after you board the ship.

He will be a future cruise director one day

Archived