Formal Nights on 7 night cruise

dmart82

Can any one tell me what formal night is the most formal out of the 2? Cruising out of Baltimore in 2 week, so want to make sure I pack something warm enough for it if it is the first formal night being i would estimate it still being chilly.

I can not tell you with certainy exactly what 2 nights will be the cruise elegant nights so I will tell you what nights they will not be.

Cruise elegant will not be on:

- Embarkation night

- The night following a cruise elegant night

- On any port night where the sail away is after 3pm

- The night before disembarkation

The most likey canidates for the 1st cruise elegant night is the night of your 1st full day at sea. Both nights are "well dressed events" not truely formal so either night you will see everything from tuxs and gowns to khakis w/ button downs (no tie) and fancy sundresses in the MDR. The photographers use the same backdrops for the pictures both nights and will take your picture even if you show up in shorts with plans of eating at the buffet.

As for the tempurature, in the MDR when we sailed Oct 2010 on the Pride it was chilly until it was well packed. In fact on the 3 Carnival cruises I've been on I've found the dining room to be a little more cooler than the rest of the ship every night even down in the Bahamas. The AC seemed cranked up to max prior to dinning. But was not to the point where I would recommend a long sleeved "wintery" dress or heavy wool suit, just bring a wrap or sweater (for women) and an easily removable jacket/blazer (for men). On the outside decks it's a completely different story of course.

Not sure on the elegant nights either. But as pp states: the MDR can be cool. I pack a light sweater for myself & for dh a sports coat. It seems to me, & this is just my opinion, that the 1st elegant night has more fancy dressing going on. It may be because that is sometimes the night of the past guest party. The 2nd elegant night seems more relaxed.

Have a great cruise.

It's been our experience that elegant night is usually the first one out of the two nights. And I agree with the other posters that the MDR is usually pretty chilly. I always bring a light coverup of some kind. Either a jacket, sweater, or some kind of wrap. The DH has been fine with long sleeves. Because of the change in what elegant night means these days he no longer wears a jacket on either night. Hope this helps.

I hope you have a fabulous, funfilled cruise!:D

Can any one tell me what official evening is the most official out of the 2? Visiting out of Baltimore in 2 weeks time, so want to create sure I load up something heated enough for it if it is the first official evening being i would calculate it still being frosty.

On Carnival there is no more true dress up night... The casual elegant nights are just that. You can go with nice up to formal... no cut-offs/jeans but for men a nice shirt (even polo) and slacks will do. Women are the same as far as shorts are concerned but a sundress is dressy enough... having said that there are still people who dress "to the nines" and have a great time.

Archived