booking a Penthouse as a GTY??

munchkin002

Looking at cabins avail. the Penthouse with large balcony cat, SE is avail. when I click into it to pick cabin number, it comes up as a guarantee only?? Seems like alot of money for only a guarantee. Anybody know why this comes up this way? Star 11\4

Thanks

Looking at cabins avail. the Penthouse with large balcony cat, SE is avail. when I click into it to pick cabin number, it comes up as a guarantee only?? Seems like alot of money for only a guarantee. Anybody know why this comes up this way? Star 11\4

Thanks

Call NCL talk to a PCC they can let you know what is avaiable and book for you. They will also get you the best price they can. If you have Amex be sure to get the $500 OBC. my PCC is ext 5617 she has always been very helpful.

Yep! SJ suites are balconless.

SJ is a lower suite (costs less) than an SE. So in a GTY you would not be put in an SJ with an SE GTY. You can only be given a SE, SC, SB (OS), SA (DOS) or S1(GV). If you get stuck in a SA just drink the 3 bottles of booze and be happy!:rolleyes:

Is it a GTY Suite, or a GTY SE? That makes a big difference...

If it is a GTY Suite, you can end up on any suite on the ship WITH OR W\O A BALCONY.

If it is a GTY SE or above...GRAB IT!!:D

Honestly, I'd be a tiny bit bummed if I booked an SE GTY and got one of those two SA suites at the very front. Even their next door neighbor (outer) SA suites don't appeal to me based on pictures.

Edited to add: the deck 12 SA suites on the Star do not have balconies.

Is it a GTY Suite, or a GTY SE? That makes a big difference...

If it is a GTY Suite, you can end up on any suite on the ship WITH OR W\O A BALCONY.

It comes up a a SE penthouse Guarantee 1849

Family suite SJ no balcony is 1349

would love to have balcony but is it worth the $1000 additional, and not know what cabin I actually have until right before sail?

confused and torn!!

It comes up a a SE penthouse Guarantee 1849

Family suite SJ no balcony is 1349

would love to have balcony but is it worth the $1000 additional, and not know what cabin I actually have until right before sail?

confused and torn!!

In a GTY they can NOT put you in anything lower than your GTY. So SJ is not what they would be allowed to give you. No SA or SB are available. So you can only get SC or S1 (GV) I would try it in a heartbeat. If they tried to give me a SJ I would get my money back.

It might be worth noting this has been discussed in the past and even though NCL's system will sometimes show a suite guarantee, when you try to book it you get an error message because suite guarantees are not offered.

Might be worth a call before you spend more time worrying about whether or not you should book the guarantee!

Archived