Not new to Bermuda, looking for new ideas...

RedSox5

Hi-

As you can see from my signature, I'm no veteran to visiting Bermuda! It's my favorite place on the planet and we can't wait to return there at the end of April :D

My question is, I've been so many times that I've done many of the tourist attractions (most, more than once)- Crystal Caves, zoo/aquarium, perfume factory, glass-blowing factory, Fort St. Catherine, St. George tour, horse and carriage ride, many of the beaches, snorkeling, Gibbs Hill Lighthouse... and probably more things that I'm not remembering right now. Just wondering if there is anything else a little more 'off the beaten path' that we might be interested in doing? An awesome bar to check out? An 'excursion' that is offered by someone/a company on the island and not the cruise line (we'd love to go out on a boat, maybe), etc.

Hope that makes sense. We know we'll have a blast no matter what we do in Bermuda, just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas to share. Thanks in advance! ;)

Hi, if you are renting scooters or even bikes, try riding the railway trail. It is truly delightful, so peaceful and serene. Plus you get to see some lovely homes, glimpses of the sea and just a different perspective of this beautiful island.

Here are some suggestions; a few may have been previously mentioned:

• visit Tom Moore's Jungle. TMJ is a nature reserve with trails and according to this
    , there is at least one cave you can swim in. Also, according to this other site, there is rock climbing too. (#1 or #3)
  • visit the Devils Hole aquarium (#3);
  • walk the beach path that connects 5 beaches, start at Horseshoe, end at Warwick Bay and dip your toes in the water at each beach (#7);

• go horseback riding on beach/rail trail at Spicelands Equestrian Center (#8);
  • visit fort Fort Hamilton and explore the moat;
  • do Hartley's Helmet Dive, departs from Heritage Wharf, Dockyard;
  • do the Dolphin Quest, Dockyard;
  • try hiking/biking the Railway Trail;
  • climb the bell tower of the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity, Hamilton for outstanding view;
  • visit the Paget Marsh nature trail (#2, #7 or #8);
  • visit Blue Hole Park nature reserve (#1, #3, #10 or #11);
  • do cliff jumping at

• have Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess

numbers (#) are the nearby bus route for the activity.

SBtS

Here are some suggestions; a few may have been previously mentioned:

• visit Tom Moore's Jungle. TMJ is a nature reserve with trails and according to this
    , there is at least one cave you can swim in. Also, according to this other site, there is rock climbing too. (#1 or #3)
  • visit the Devils Hole aquarium (#3);
  • walk the beach path that connects 5 beaches, start at Horseshoe, end at Warwick Bay and dip your toes in the water at each beach (#7);

• go horseback riding on beach/rail trail at Spicelands Equestrian Center (#8);
  • visit fort Fort Hamilton and explore the moat;
  • do Hartley's Helmet Dive, departs from Heritage Wharf, Dockyard;
  • do the Dolphin Quest, Dockyard;
  • try hiking/biking the Railway Trail;
  • climb the bell tower of the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity, Hamilton for outstanding view;
  • visit the Paget Marsh nature trail (#2, #7 or #8);
  • visit Blue Hole Park nature reserve (#1, #3, #10 or #11);
  • do cliff jumping at

• have Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess

numbers (#) are the nearby bus route for the activity.

SBtS

We thought Hartley's Helmet Dive was the highlight of our trip! Definitely not to be missed if you want to do something out of the ordinary that you probably won't be able to do in many other places.

Sarahc78, went to that link that you mentioned, but it didn't talk about a walking tour :confused::rolleyes:

My hubby did the "private" helmet tour last April and said it was the best excursion experience he has ever had:D

thanks

Nina

Sarahc78, went to that link that you mentioned, but it didn't talk about a walking tour :confused::rolleyes:

My hubby did the "private" helmet tour last April and said it was the best excursion experience he has ever had:D

thanks

Nina

Here I seperated the post individually for you to read.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32429755&postcount=60

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32430102&postcount=61

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32430392&postcount=62

Archived