cruise; Average weight gain

derf5585

and eat more! But, I agree with Derf's article, I have found the trick to be workout more. Take the stairs when you can and hit that gym. My sister and I get up faithfully every morning and walked the track for 45 minutes in addition to the extra little things like taking the stairs. Last cruise I only gained three pounds and lost it a week later. This year we are doing weight watchers and so far so good! So I plan to indulge every chance I get! That is the whole reason for denying yourself all year~

I gained 5 lbs on our cruise and was happy that was all...I ate like a pig :eek:

My 12 year old skin & bones son gained 6 lbs....guess that tells you how good the food was....or maybe it was all that ice cream he ate (like 6 times a day)!

I lost weight, about 5 pounds. And wasn't happy that I had lost it. It took me a year to gain that 5 pounds. Like the others that lost weight, we did so much walking, and I wasn't hungry most of the time. Too much to do and see.

I had lost 30 lbs before we left and there was no way I was gaining that back. Went for my weigh in (still on the maintenance program) and I gained 4oz....ya that was ounces. I was so proud of myself. :D :D :D

How'd ya do it? I'm in a wellness program too, and don't want to gain a lot of the weight back.

Well, I'm glad I'm "below average" on the weight gain department while cruising. I have gained either a few pounds or lost weight. I try to focus on eating well and making yummy good choices.

I'm actively trying to lose weight and so far have lost 25lbs. I hope to have lost 20 more before our July cruise and don't intend to gain any while cruising!

First cruise: lost 5 lbs

Second cruise: gained 1

Third Cruise: gained 9:eek:

I think it has something to do with losing so much weight BEFORE stepping foot on the ship. After being in a low caloric diet for so long then switching to a HIGH intake...your body tends to pack it on quickly. has a lot to do with water weight too...salt and alcohol

and eat more! But, I agree with Derf's article, I have found the trick to be workout more. Take the stairs when you can and hit that gym. My sister and I get up faithfully every morning and walked the track for 45 minutes in addition to the extra little things like taking the stairs. Last cruise I only gained three pounds and lost it a week later. This year we are doing weight watchers and so far so good! So I plan to indulge every chance I get! That is the whole reason for denying yourself all year~

Yes and you so help us, my dear sister, by sending us pictures of entrees and links to menus!!

Archived