IPad 2 work on ship or not??

agelessgram

We took our iPad2 on the Crown last week and were really hoping to have the convenience of the smaller size and not needing to be tethered to an outlet (battery about shot on the laptop). We had HORRIBLE connections/disconnections. Last year we bought the 310 minute (prepurchase deal) package and didn't use them all with the laptop. This year, we ended up using over 600 minutes. We are self-employed and had some extra work going on so it was necessary. By day 4, I would only use the desktops in the Internet Cafe to save minutes. :(

We haven't cruised with Princess for 3years. At the time, wi-fi was limited to a couple of rooms. We will be on the Golden next month. Is wi-fi now throughout the entire ship? (some places better than others?)

DH is addicted to his Wall Street Journal. At home it takes only 10-15 sec to download that day's issue. We are taking his IPad2 on our cruise. Can we do this from our room and just expect it to take longer to download?

The Internet manager did change one or two settings on my iPhone, but I couldn't tell you what they were. A router (I think that's what it is...or a wireless antennae, or something) was located on the ceiling right outside our cabin. Our wifi was very good, although it did occasionally drop my connection, usually if I was inactive for a period of time (ie reading a long article or something like that).

I hope so much that one day wifi is ubiquitous and free...everywhere. It's the most frustrating thing about cruising.

Archived