Eclipse: Apple iLounge Question

wsb225

I understand that classes are offered in the Apple iLounge? Do they offer instructional programs on various programs and how to use Apple products or is it simply an Internet lounge that uses Apple computers?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Classes are offered on a variety of subjects. Most cost $20 (or did before Christmas) but a package deal is good value. DH intended to sign up for this, but by day 2 most of the classes he wanted were full, so he didn't do it. Some classes I recall were on iPhoto and iPhone tips and tricks. They didn't seem too exciting to me, but I am a long time Apple user.

Sheila

Hi All,

On the Solstice on our recent 7 Day Eastern Caribbean Cruise, the ILounge offered several sessions of what they called ILearn Classes ... they included

Learn Your IPad (Day 2) - Learn Your IPhone (Day 2) - IPhoto (Day 3) - IPhoto II (Day 4) - IMovie (Day 5) - Learn Your IPad (Day 6) - Learn Your IPhone (Day 6) - IPhoto II (Day 7) - IMovie (Day 7)

The cost was $ 20 per class, or $ 60 for unlimited classes... if you bought "the package" it also included some FREE Internet Minutes I believe.

I signed up for the IPad Class... and it lasted aprox 1 Hour. Where I was disappointed, was it was basically a lecture... and not a hands-on experience.

The class was followed by a Q&A Session, and all participants received an extensive set of notes / hand-outs that were sent to our Cabins a couple of days later.

I was some what interested in doing other classes... but the timing of them on Port Days were difficult (not sure why they didn't at least the IPhoto Class on a Sea Day LONG BEFORE we reached our major island Destinations... so folks would have time to then "play" with the info they just learned)

In any case, the classes were popular and filled up fast... (think it had a lot to do with those FREE Internet Minutes too)

--- --- ---

TO WSB225

Classes are advertised in the Celebrity Dailies (Celebrity Today) and also flyers are sent to cabins advertising them and all sorts of info on the ILounge (mostly how to sign up for Internet Minutes and what those packages cost). IF you are truly interested in doing a class, I suggest that you drop by on Embarkation Day when you are more than likely doing ship explorations... just like all the other venues on board that day, they have sort of an Open House Q&A going on... so someone can answer all your Questions then.

Hope this info is helpful,

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your replies. So there's NO opportunity for hands-on use of any of the Apple products? All of the classes are offered during the day? I wish they'd offer "enrichment" classes in the evening for those who don't want music, dancing, drinking, etc.

Guess I'll bring some books on my upcoming Celebrity cruise!

Is there opportunities to buy apple products such as ipads etc or is it just a lounge to use apple products?

if you can purchase are they cheaper then normal shops

cheers

Hi SCUMBERS,

They "claim" to sell product as well... but when I was aboard the Soltice (mid January) they sure didn't have much on hand... seemed to be "out of stock" for most items including Ipads... (mostly had Apple accessories available)

From what I've read here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD, that does seem to be a "common" situation.

You can do a BOARD SEARCH to learn more about pricing... know there were several posts on that topic back in November and December when folks were wondering if they should buy their Apple Christmas presents at sea when on vacation, or just do it ashore (from what I recall, most said the pricing wasn't a huge saving)... and because of the "stocking" issue, suggested that people not count on getting Apple merchandise aboard the ships

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Are there any opportunities to use iPads or other Apple products hands-on before buying? I'm trying to decide if I should get an Apple poduct, but first want to see if it can do what is very tedious on the PC more efficiently on an Apple device.

Are there any opportunities to use iPads or other Apple products hands-on before buying? I'm trying to decide if I should get an Apple poduct, but first want to see if it can do what is very tedious on the PC more efficiently on an Apple device.

Sure -- visit your local Apple Store in or near your home town. They'll have everything set up and working for a hands-on test.

ps...as an Apple fan I can assure you anything that's tedious on a Windows computer will be easier on a Mac, iPad or iPhone!

Archived