Cozumel Mexico

Owensfam

whats is there to do? Where to shop? What is somewhere that the kids might enjoy besides the beach? Do they good mexico resturants?

All your questions can be answered in the Ports of Call/Caribbean/ Cozumel board on CC. Just scroll through the threads or use the search forum tool.

whats is there to do? Where to shop? What is somewhere that the kids might enjoy besides the beach? Do they good mexico resturants?

My family & I like to go to Nachi Cocum Beach Break in Cozumel. About a 15 minute cab drive from the terminal. $49 per person all you can eat/drink. Only limited to 100 people per day.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/default.cfm

For shopping we cab downtown. (cheaper than at port)

I REALLY wanted to do Nachi...but we are traveling with 4 kids so we have decided to spend the day at Paradise Beach :)

Oh I see. We loved Nachi alot. Though we didnt have any kids, there were a few there. Most families with kids go to Paradise or Mr Santos. We opted for Nachi because it wasn't rowdy and alot more laid back.

Are they young kids, or teens? If they are teenagers, they will love to dance at Carlos and Charlies.

I don't think the atmosphere at C&Cs is what many parents envision their teens going to.

I REALLY wanted to do Nachi...but we are traveling with 4 kids so we have decided to spend the day at Paradise Beach :)

This and Mr Sanchos are good beach choices with lots of water toys to keep children/teens occupied and you can opt for DIY or AI at both depending on your needs and budget.

Depending on the kids' ages, check out Chankanaab....My dad, sis and I went and had a blast....It's a nature park, with lots of hiking trails and iguana's everywhere (way cool!) There is also snorkeling, dolphin swims....it was a very enjoyable day

If you just want a beach day I highly recommend Nachi...but your kids may get bored...there are no water toys to play on....you can rent jet skie's or do the banana boat for an extra price....

Depending on the kids' ages, check out Chankanaab....My dad, sis and I went and had a blast....It's a nature park, with lots of hiking trails and iguana's everywhere (way cool!) There is also snorkeling, dolphin swims....it was a very enjoyable day

If you just want a beach day I highly recommend Nachi...but your kids may get bored...there are no water toys to play on....you can rent jet skie's or do the banana boat for an extra price....

I agree. Nachi is great and has a nice pool, but kids might get bored, unless they love the water.

I loved Chankanaab. Lots to see and do. Half the price of Nachi, but nothing is free there.

Search in the internet for cheap Jeep rentals in Cozumel, drive to the other side of the island to Coconut bar and grill. Great food at great prices. Something like 2 bucks a beer and they even sell Dr Pepper there. All of the shopping is right at the docks and the main downtown area.

Cozumel, basically put on the map by Jacques Cousteau. When I first started diving there, there was at most 2 cruise ships a week in port. Now from fall through winter there 6-8 ships in port. The diver have to hide in their hotels till the cruisers leave. The we can go in to town and enjoy same things you did at half the price.:D

I agree, go to the other side of the island, VERY few people, we wandered the beach there for over an hour and saw 2 people. Then stopped and the wife looked around a tourist hut while I drank 2 buck beer. A few bars here and there, but nice, quiet, bigger waves, but sharp rocks and dangerous under-tow, I would not recommend swimming. Quiet wandering and beach combing...indeed.

We took a taxi to Mr. sanchos which is an all inclusive beach. It includes food, drink, tables, chairs for about $45. We left a deposit through a website we found on the Cozumel ports of call board here on cruise critic. and paid the balance in cash once we got there. It was AMAZING!

I love Cozumel. I think it's fun just to walk around and explore the town. I had amaaaaaaaaazing Mexican food at this restaurant in the square. Mmmm. Cheap, too.

For kids though, I'm not sure. I think the town is so fun it seems like a day at the beach would be kind of a waste, but that's just me.

Archived