what do you do with valuables?

cdslmom

my dh and i are going snorkeling in Rotan and i Need to know what to do with our valuables while we are on the excursion- I am talking about the stuff we have to take with us not the stuff we can leave in our safe in lur cabin thanks!

cash (it may get wet, but shops still take it!!!)

sea pass

1 credit card

laminated (small) copy of passport

all in a small watertight little cardholder that I tie to my bathing suit (suits have a pocket).

Never bring jewelry or any other valuables.

99.9% of tour operators are honest and would not kill their business by stealing, but this prevents anyone from being tempted.

Depending on how big your valuables are (like money and cards versus a camera), you might consider one of those plastic water-tight boxes that you can wear on a tether around your neck. They're maybe 3" wide X 4" tall X 1" thick. We've used them with great success, although we put an extra couple of rubber bands around them to make sure they stay closed. (I had one come open once...not good.)

We just don't take valuables on a tour which includes swimming. Cash, a credit card, room card, drivers licence can all get wet and it won't matter. I do have a diving camera and a dive watch which I wear. Everthing else stays in the safe on the ship.

Archived