Carnival Valor vs RCCL Freedom

jessandtwo

I'm trying to decide between two cruises for me and dh. We're going without kids late July/earlyAug. We're trying to decide between a 7 day Freedom of the Seas (St Thomas/St Martin/Coco Cay) or an 8 day Carnival Valor (St Thomas/Antigua/Tortola/Nassau). The prices are completely the same with airfare/hotel/cruise cost.

We have sailed both lines and similar ships (Liberty on RCCL and Conquest on CCL). We have been to both Coco Cay & Nassau, but none of the other ports.

We like the Valor for the different ports, but like Freedom for the ship amenities.

Looking for pros/cons on which ship/itinerary we should chose.

Thanks

If you go cruising for the ports, go on the Carnival Valor.

If you go cruising for the ship, go on Freedom of the Seas.

Personally, I would pick RCCL, regardless of the ports. We did Carnival and RCCL back to back in 2011 and while both were enjoyable, Carnival was a nice cruise, but RCCL, was absolutely AMAZING.

You can read both reviews by clicking on the links below my signature...:)

(and by the way, I would not go on a long itinerary that includes Nassau. That port is OK on cheapie, quick getaways but it's a dump and a waste of a day when so many better ports of call can be reached on a week long itinerary)

I agree with the previous poster. We will not cruise with Carnival until Nov. of this year. So I can't give a comparison. I would choose the Valor for the itinerary though. In fact we chose our cruise this year because of the itinerary. However, we cruised on RCCL Freedom last Nov. with our kids and had an amazing and relaxing time. We found the shows to be very good, food was good to very good..a few items excellent, the Cruise Director..Graham Seymour..to be hilarious. His adult comedy show is not to be missed. Cons: we did not like Coco Cay. Good luck with your choice and have a great cruise

I'm trying to decide between two cruises for me and dh. We're going without kids late July/earlyAug. We're trying to decide between a 7 day Freedom of the Seas (St Thomas/St Martin/Coco Cay) or an 8 day Carnival Valor (St Thomas/Antigua/Tortola/Nassau). The prices are completely the same with airfare/hotel/cruise cost.

We have sailed both lines and similar ships (Liberty on RCCL and Conquest on CCL). We have been to both Coco Cay & Nassau, but none of the other ports.

We like the Valor for the different ports, but like Freedom for the ship amenities.

Looking for pros/cons on which ship/itinerary we should chose.

Thanks

jessandtwo,

IMO Valor; Eight days is better than seven. ;)

Thanks everyone, I just figured out we can do the Allure for only $200 more. Now I'm really confused!

We wanted to try new ports this time because we cruise a lot out of Galveston, so we've done Western numerous times, but all the ships have new ports for us except Nassau and Coco Cay.

We've never had such a hard time deciding on a cruise.

Thanks everyone, I just figured out we can do the Allure for only $200 more. Now I'm really confused!

We wanted to try new ports this time because we cruise a lot out of Galveston, so we've done Western numerous times, but all the ships have new ports for us except Nassau and Coco Cay.

Jessandtwo,

I've noticed both the mega ship's (Allure & Oasis) prices have plummeted. So much for RCCL saying they would never cut rates to fill the ships eh. :)

$200 more and a different line on a different ship? Since I am not a JohnHealdite or CarnivalCultie, I would go for it.

I definitely want to experience Allure or Oasis next year & the prices are starting to come down just enough to be able to do it...

I'd pay the $200 more for the Allure in a heartbeat no matter what the ports are.

Bill

I just figured out we can do the Allure for only $200 more. Now I'm really confused!

ABSOLUTELY GO WITH THE ALLURE!! That's the ship we sailed on last may and believe me, It's like NOTHING you've ever experienced before! Well worth the extra $200! (We paid much more of a difference and still considered it to be well worth it!). You will be in a state of awe for 7 nights. There's absolutely NOTHING on Carnival that can even remotely compare to the experience aboard the Allure.

You can click on my review by clicking on the link below my signature.

About Allure prices vs. Freedom prices, we found the same situation last year. Freedom was actually pricing HIGHER than the Allure for the same week. I just think that the Freedom is a high demand ship, so she commands prices just a high (and sometimes higher) than the Oasis twins.

I would choose according to different ports, not the ship, but it all depends on what you're looking for.

We took our first cruise last December on CCL Freedom and had that same itinerary and would do it again without hesitation. I was completely sold on having an extra day and extra port. The itinerary was the best!

Sounds like you have some great choices ahead of you - enjoy your cruise, whichever one you choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived