NCL Sale -- what am I doing wrong?

NCL has free upgrades (OV to balcony) right now and the cruise we looked at indicated that these upgrades would apply. However, when I do a mock booking and choose a balcony room, the price is the same as it was before the "sale".

Am I missing something?

NCL has free upgrades (OV to balcony) right now and the cruise we looked at indicated that these upgrades would apply. However, when I do a mock booking and choose a balcony room, the price is the same as it was before the "sale".

Am I missing something?

Is the highest OV the same price as the lowest balcony? If so, that is the "sale". Sometimes, I have noticed that during the sale the OV price goes up, the balcony price doesn't necessarily go down. :rolleyes:

I'm no expert, but to get the sale as stated I think you need to try booking an OV cabin.

Yes you are right. When you pick the one that is marked ie. OV to BD, the next screen will take you to the place where you pick your BD cabin.

Ugh, so annoying. It is indicated that you can upgrade from OV to balcony on this particular cruise, but when I proceed to elect our room type, the only upgrade noted is inside to inside.

Thanks for the tips.

If there is OV to balcony upgrades available on that cruise it is indicated by a yellow arrow. If only a dark blue arrow on that cruise date then the only upgrades applicable for that cruise is insides to OV. Some cruises have no upgrades, some one, some 2, some all 3 upgrades.

If the one you are trying to book has OV to balcony yellow arrow beside it you just go down the OV staterooms until you see the photo I posted above, click on it and it will take you to the balconies.

All else fails phone the 800 number and ask them if your sailing actually has this upgrade on it.

Have you run a price comparison against online travel agents? They usually will compete to book your cruise for you at a better price than NCL.

Really? I didn't think NCL allowed TA discount pricing although many of them will throw in extras such as OBC's, etc.

Really? I didn't think NCL allowed TA discount pricing although many of them will throw in extras such as OBC's, etc.

Group rates for high volume travel agents are usually a better deal than booking straight with NCL.

Yep, for our upcoming cruise we could have gotten ~$200 cheaper (taking the TA's OBC in to equation) from a TA and our PCC would even gladly have helped us transfer the booking to TA after he applied my FCC to the reservation.

However I figured that since the cruise is so near and we booked a OV GTY, we'd rather keep the reservation with NCL directly in hopes for a phone call for upsell or even a free upgrade.

Living outside US my phone number can not even be fitted in the correct field in NCL's customer records and the time difference is 7 hours so I'm not so sure that "personless" online TA would ever call us for anything like that - not sure if the fairy would bother either but keeping my fingers crossed. :p

Am I missing something?

We booked the Pearl last week on this sale. If you look you'll see that the highest OV is the same as the lowest Balcony. That's the sale. So if you want a balcony then you book the lowest balcony category.

Group rates for high volume travel agents are usually a better deal than booking straight with NCL.

Yes. Out TA last year got us our tips paid and a free meal at LeBistro. We think we'll get the same deal this year but just to be safe we booked a balcony on this sale with our future cruise credit. that way we at least hold this price which was a free upgrade from OV to balcony. If our TA does not have the sale this year then we'll hold this price. If she does and its cheaper than this price, then we'll cancel and move it to her.

Archived