How to honor a deceased loved one?

We are honoring our deceased grandparents by placing charms on our bouquets. I'm using an army inspired brooch for my PopPop who served in the Army and FI is using a Anchor cameo in honor of her PaPa who served in the Navy and her NaNa who loved cameos.

I also have a picture Charm of my Mother on my Bouquet. My girls all have a hummingbird charm on their bouquets.

There will also be a vase with a beautiful rose with crystals and ribbons for her.

I had planned to have a frame with a picture of My Grandparents, His Grandparents and My Mother with a framed poem and a vase with 5 roses next to it. (But I'm afraid this will be "to much" for some family members.

So we will go with the One rose (beautiful but unlabeled... we will know who its for) and make a quick toast for those who have moved on and watching from above.

at the end of the day... I know she will feel the love and be proud!

In addition to the charms on my bouquet, I'm going to make reserved seating signs for my Granddad (passed away last year) and Mother (passed away when I was a baby) to place on chairs at the ceremony and reception if I can.

I'm also thinking of walking down the aisle with a photo of my Grandfather, since he'd be the one walking me down the aisle if he were still with us. This might be too much and upset my Grandmother, though, so that's only a maybe at this point.

Did your loved ones have a favorite color that fits in with your theme? Asking your family to wear that color might be a nice way to honor them. I'd do that for my Grandfather, but we all wore his favorite color - blue - at his funeral; and that might be too painful for folks so I'm nixing that idea.

I'm doing a photo charm of my dad on my bouquet, and reserving a seat for him at the ceremony, with a simple white frame with the words "In Memoriam" in it and a boutonniere on the chair. I think I've found the balance of honoring him without doing "too much" that might make me lose it a little :-)

Im honouring my Mum too. Im having a silk brooch bouquet and using her brooches. I'm also having my hair in the style she used to put it up for me.

I did want to get a candle made but as you're not allowed to take candles onboard RCCL there's little point.

Im honouring my Mum too. Im having a silk brooch bouquet and using her brooches. I'm also having my hair in the style she used to put it up for me.

I did want to get a candle made but as you're not allowed to take candles onboard RCCL there's little point.

If you really want a candle, could you so a flameless one? We're taking several battery operated flameless candles for our wedding on NCL. The ones we ordered look quite nice -- real wax and a recessed wick, not the large plastic one some of them have.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the memorial candle you find on theknot.com. It was engraved with my mom's name and I placed a 5x7 picture of her as well. They let us have it lit, but if they dont, the candle is beautiful as is anyway.

Other option, the only decorations we had were Martha Stewart's photo fram centerpiece. We had pictures of us growing up, and I included some of my mom. But you can have one just of pictures of your mom.

I included the pictures from Martha Stewart and the candle company

candle.jpg.9318448e0e4eb29e4eea31590c1395a7.jpg

photo_centerpiece.jpg.cc4022529983af901fc53f7e333b6b75.jpg

Archived